Echo other comments re lots of Germans and the siesta - don't arrive between 1pm and 3pm as you cannot get in and must wait in the road - there is limited site parking.
Roads to and from the site can be very congested - three mile queues of cars arriving most days, even at 10:00am. If you plan to visit Venice it's best to go by ferry from Punta Sabbioni about 10 miles away. It's a good way to arrive in Venice anyway!
The site has direct access to a lovely sandy beach. Great watersports, with windsurfing, hobie cats, pedalos and canoes, and the beach was well organised with plenty of loungers and sun shades (small charge)
Restaurants on site only fair, but there are several good ones within walking distance in Cavallino. The site has an excellent fruit shop.
Key Camp reps were great and keep a useful stock of left over equipment (tennis racquets, beach mats, umbrellas, etc) - well worth checking their stocks before you buy elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Camping Village Garden Paradiso is a modern and comfortable 4 star touristic village situated at the Lido of Cavallino-Treporti, just a few steps from Venice and Jesolo. It is surrounded by a verdant conifer wood next to a long sandy beach of fine golden sand on the Adriatic Sea. Here you’ll find a complete range of services and all you need to enjoy your holidays in the open air and natural surroundings. Chalet, maxi caravan and bungalow have all the essential comforts: fridges, gas ovens, microwave ovens, crockery, hot water, bathroom with shower, satellite television, air conditioning, safe, bed linen which is changed once a week, and car parking. Pitches are divided in 2 categories: Standard or Dream. Standard Pitches Dimensions between 60 and 100 m2; water drain-pipe and electricity connection minimum 6Ah max 10Ah (220V); TV sat connection. Sea-front Dream Pitches dimensions 120m2 with private bathroom, 16Ah, barbecue, Wi-Fi, priority check-in for its guests. Large and rational sanitary services for personal care in the all Camping. Children's toilets with wash basins, toilets and showers are the right size, bright, and colorful. Comfortable nursery room with baby diaper-changing table and large tubs with seat are at mums' and babies' disposal. The modern swimming pool complex includes the colourful and fun pool for children (from 0 to 60 cm) with new bigger slides, the pool with lanes for sports activities, from 120 to 140 cm deep, and finally the pool for expert swimmers, from 140 to 170 cm deep. Thanks to the new wellness area relax is guaranteed. Running, cycling, beach volley and swimming are open air sports to do in perfect harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Camping Village Garden Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Paradiso Camping Village Hotel Cavallino-Treporti
- Camping Village Garden Paradiso Cavallino-Treporti, Italy - Province Of Venice