Camping Village Marina di Venezia
Hotel Righetto(Cavallino-Treporti)
$100
Hotel Ca' di Valle(Cavallino-Treporti)
$121
Antica Dogana(Cavallino-Treporti)
$126
Hotel Fortuna(Cavallino-Treporti)
$106
Union Lido Art & Park Hotel(Cavallino-Treporti)
$128
Orbitz.com
Hotel Il Ghebo(Cavallino-Treporti)
Albergo Rosa(Cavallino-Treporti)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Villa Gentile(Cavallino-Treporti)
1,003 results
All reviewsmarina di veneziahired bikesmini golfpool complexwave poolon sitenext yearmobile homeal frescopizzapool closesday tripall agestour operatorwave machinethe busgreat campsite
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The site itself is huge, I mean it was a good 20 minute walk for us to get from the 'centre' to our accommodation. Which is fine, but gets a bit tiresome when you just want to pop to the shop! The pool and beach are lovely, I agree that this site is good if you have children with you as there is a lot of facilities. The main problem I have with Marina Di Venezia is that it felt like a prison camp at times! They boom orders over the loudspeaker, informing everybody that siesta must be respected. You are not allowed to drive, leave or enter the site between 13:00-15:00. They also close everything, well, the parts that you have paid for - you can still spend money in the bars etc (convenient). The whistle in the pool goes at 12:45 and everybody marches out. They even close the children's play area, which is unsupervised anyway so I felt that was a little out of awkwardness. So basically, you have 2 hours of doing, not a lot. We were with a 2 year old who didn't want to do nothing between 13:00-15:00 so this didn't really work for us.

I did read reviews about the staff being rude towards the English, we did not experience this however, they are just a bit rude in general. Must be a cultural thing.

The last day was a nightmare - when you arrive you have to sign a piece of card in exchange for a camping pass. Basically saying you agree with the many, many rules imposed on you. We were given our camping passes but we were not informed of the apparent importance of these pieces of paper! On the last day, after the gentleman had lambasted me for arriving to collect our luggage at 12:50 instead of 12:00 (it's in the rules I signed apparently, even though Eurocamp said we needed to be off site at 13:00 before they all bugger off to a boozy lunch) I was told if I did not return our camping passes I would not be allowed our passports back. He even went as far as saying the POLICE would be called. Which I thought was a little rambunctious. Thankfully, I managed to find the paper so I didn't end up in the hands of the federal agents. It was a relief to be free!!

To sum up, I do agree that the site has a lot of facilities and is suitable for families but I personally wouldn't want to return. I would go somewhere a bit smaller and more laid back in future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Zoella16
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here during the summer holidays after it was recommended to us by family. We are a family of five with three small children. This park is fantastic, the amount of things to do is endless for children all ages. It is clean, very well kept and very big.
We were told to hire bikes when we got there but our children were a little too small for them, beware, it is better to have them without a doubt but it is a considerable cost to hire them for a week for a whole family. The bikes are everywhere on the park, if you don't have them you will probably be doing alot of walking and by the end of your holiday you may be getting a little fed up. Because of the park layout all the tour operators caravans are quite a walk away from the centre so when your doing this two or three time a day it gets a little tiring. There is only the sites own accommodation that is more central, we are trying to book with them directly for next year.
Whilst we were there the site put on a firework display on the beach which I can only describe as magical if you get chance please don't miss it.
The Brits are in the minority by some way on the park, it is majority Germans and Scandinavians, we did not find it a problem at all, in fact it was quite pleasant to be away from union jack shorts and football shirts.
As the title says don't go with Thomson, we booked a "vivaldi" caravan on the strength of the brochure and info from Thomson. When we arrived my heart sank, they are extremely close together with no privacy, ( some operators have hedges for privacy).For a family of five they are small and poorly laid out with no storage, we have stayed in far better caravans in parks in this country.
We had so many faults in our caravan during our stay that it became a bit of a joke when I went to see the reps and also very annoying having our holiday interrupted by the maintenance man visiting numerous times. It soon became very obvious that Thomson have a policy of little investment, maximum returns. Compared to other tour operator caravans ours was a joke, eurocamps seemed pretty nice and a small company called Venue had some lovely caravans and after finding out that they would have been five hundred pounds cheaper to go with I was not happy.
When you first arrive the reps can't wait to take your sixty euro cleaning deposit off you, basically if you haven't cleaned your caravan as per their instruction on checking out you don't get your sixty euro's back, so as my wife pointed out, when you arrive the plates and cups you and your children are eating and drinking out of have been washed by the last people to leave the caravan who are not interested in giving everything a good and thorough clean they just want their sixty euro's back, this was confirmed to us when on arrival some of our cups and plates were badly cracked, not one of the reps who prepared our caravan had even opened the kitchen cupboard to check any of the utensils or plates etc.
What Thomson do is put as much as they can on their customers to do in there caravans so it cuts their costs down, nice hey!, they also charge you a lot more for your bed linen than other tour operators even though it probably comes from the same van.
Thomson spoilt our holiday considerably, the value they give their customers is poor at best, you seem to pay a premium to stay with Thomson and we saw no reason why, if you are booking for next year try Venue their top caravans looked very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank david34England
Al_Fresco_11, Al Fresco Holidays at Camping Village Marina di Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to see you did not fully enjoy your Al Fresco Holidays experience.

We have a short video clip on our website now which shows our emplacements to hopefully give our customers an idea of what to expect. Our emplacements are located away from the centre of the campsite but are only a 2minute walk to the beach.

I'm disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service on site, the house keeping deposit is in place for security reasons and is refundable at the end of your holiday, our representatives do prepare and clean your home ready for your arrival and I'm sorry if this was not made clear during your holiday.

We do spend a lot of time and resources over the winter reviewing and refurbishing our homes to a high standard and your feedback will be taken into consideration - we do hope you consider travelling with us again.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the campsite and thank you for your feedback.
Many thanks, the Al Fresco team

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Lots of amazing reviews below and I totally agree wth them! We visited with 8 and 4 year old boys and will definitely be back. Massive thumbs up from all the family. A few specific comments:

- Its worth thinking about whether you want to book directly with the campsite (around a year in advance) to be on the "main site" or with a tour operator to be in the Marina 2000 area which is directly next door, and still on the beach. Marina 2000 is quieter, and maybe all you can get if booking closer to departure date, but you do have to walk for 5/10 mins (or cycle for 2/3 mins) back to main site, and via the underpass, to get back to the main site and swimming pool etc.

- We booked through Venue holidays who have mobile homes and safari tents in the Marina 2000 area along with all the other tour opearors. I found them considerably cheaper than the other tour operators who had availability for the same time in August, but the mobile home was lovely clean and new so no compliants there. The Venue reps on site were friendly and cycled past daily to say hello, and happily looked after our luggage on the last day as we had a late departure.

- If (like me) you are coeliac, the on site supermarket is well stocked. The onsite restaurant has lots of naturally gluten free options, and also sells a gluten free pizza but this is a pre-prepared margerita only, so if you want toppings you have to buy them from supermarket. Happy to chat with any other coelics who may be considering going.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank GabbyEvans
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you are thinking of going here...book it!!

Went with hubby and 8 year old for 2 weeks in June and it was one of the best holidays we have been on. We stayed with Canvas and wouldn't hesitate to stay with them again but to be honest there were other companies there too (Keycamp/Eurocamp/Thomson Al-Fresco) so it would depend on who was the cheapest.
The site itself is quite large so we hired bikes, they were expensive but worth it as we cycled to Punta Sabbioni to catch the ferry to Venice.
The water park was amazing and exceptionally clean, it was a bit of a nightmare paying for sun beds but didn't put us off. You are also welcome to lay your towels on the floor or grass areas if you didn't want to hire the beds but we found the ground too hot. My 8 year old absolutely loved the different areas of the water park and due to the number of lifeguards there constantly, it was safe enough for him to play with his friends without being supervised by us.
The animation team were fab and there were things going on at all times of the day, including dance classes, fitness classes, water aerobics/Zumba but due to the size of the park it didn't cause any inconvenience, you could take it or leave it.
One evening they opened the water park in the evening which was beautiful, all the pools were heated and lit with different colour lights.
We also saw the Dancing Fountains (to music) on the beach one evening, they were amazing too, far better that a fireworks display.
I could go on and on, but just consider this, I asked my son to tell me which holiday he preferred out of Disney Florida and Marina di Venezia and he said the latter!
If you would like any more info, please feel free to get in touch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank ellibumsmum
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Myself, hubby and 2 boys (8 and 5) stayed in an Al Fresco Vivaldi caravan for the last 2 weeks of August.

The Caravan:

The caravan was great, well equipped and clean. The caravans are laid out in 'roads' facing each other so if you are out on your decking it is not at all private. The keycamp and eurocamp caravans had hedges between each caravan which seemed to make it a lot more private. That said, all our neighbours were lovely and friendly so not a problem.

Al Fresco Kids CLub:
Available 6 days out of 7 for 4-12 year olds. 2 slots a day 10am-12pm and 4pm-6pm. Our 2 boys went to 4 of the sessions and loved it. The staff were excellent with them. The particularly enjoyed the 'splash attack' session which was basically a big water fight for two hours!

The Campsite:
The campsite is huge, and there is a lot of walking about involved if you want to do different activities. Our 5 year old got very tired so we ended up renting a pull along truck which he could sit in for the first week (25euros for the week) and then bikes for 3 days the following week (60 euros for 4 bikes for 3 days).
The site is spotlessly clean - I have never been to a campsite like it whereby the toilets/shower blocks are constantly being cleaned, road sweepers out all the time etc.
There is quite a lot of constant traffic on the go, particularly in the morning as people leave, although 1-3pm no traffic is allowed.
Restaurants
There is a very large restaurant in the main square where the evening entertainment goes on. We ate there 4 times and the average bill for 2 adults 2 children was 55Euros. BEWARE: This restaurant does NUTELLA pizzas which are delicious - is it wrong to feed your kids chocolate pizza on holiday?!
The only strange thing about the restaurant is it has one kitchen for cooking pasta, meat, fish and the pizzeria for cooking pizzas. Everyones food arrived at different times with up to a 30 minute gap from when the first of us received our food until the last.

Water Complex
Enormous and very busy! Kids absolutely loved it. Slides were great and lifeguards made sure no 'dangerous' stunts going on.

Beach:
For us, the beach made this holiday. It was absolutely gorgeous - very wide so it was never crowded. It had volleyball nets, kids climbing structure and bars every 100m or so. You could hire pedlos (10euros for 1 hour), windsurfs, canoes etc. They also had a banana boat.
The water was crystal clear and it was very shallow for a long way out so as a parent you felt confident your child wasn't suddenly going to get into trouble.

Trips Out:
We went to Venice from Punta Sabbioni and also went to Aqualandia - both are well worth a visit.

Overall, we had a great holiday and would definately recommend this site to anyone.

The campsite itself is HUGE, spotlessly clean, lots of activities and restaurants/bars and met all our needs and beyond.

Room Tip: Book with Eurocamp or Keycamp if you want a bit more privacy from surrounding caravans.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank alex f

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is a huge campsite isn't it - almost like a small village I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time there . (Those Nutella pizza's sound delicious!). It's also great to see your children enjoyed the Al Fresco childrens club - the splash attack water fights sound perfect for hot sunny days!

I'm glad our mobile homes met your expectations, we have a short video clip showing our emplacements on Marina di Venezia on our website to hopefully give our customers an idea of what to expect.

We hope to see you again - thank you again for your feedback, the Al Fresco team