“Excellent value for money!”

Hotel Waldorf Palace
Ranked #15 of 182 Hotels in Cattolica
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We spent one week here from 22nd of July 2013. I have to say that the pictures online of the hotel looked a bit dated but the reviews were good so I was optimistic. It proved to be a great deal based on the price we paid for 1 week bed&breakfast. The rooms were tidy and the maid was in every day. Bathroom was excellent. Breakfast in the hotel was excellent and the food I saw at lunch and dinner looked just as good although we did not eat in the hotel (outwith breakfast). The two pools had plenty of sun loungers and were very clean. The pools are completely in the shade from about 4p.m but for me this was a good thing. For our purposes the location of the hotel was good. It was about a 15 minute stroll to the main square. It has to be said that the strongest point of the hotel was the friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Everyone that I had any dealings with could not have been more approachable or helpful. We had to leave by 7am for our drive to Bologna airport. We assumed that we would miss breakfast as it was from 8am til 10am. However, on paying the bill we were informed that some breakfast would be served in the bar for us at whatever time suited. An excellent stay and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the upper pool and onto the beach. (Bit of noise from the main street though but...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank markp7691

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have spend our holiday to Cattolica, in Italy at Waldorf Palace hotel.
It was very nice to be there, awesome location, very kind hotel staf, very good Italian food,..
My kids and I enjoyed our stay.
Rosaria from Belgium

• Stayed July 2013
Brussels
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have to be honest: when choosing for this hotel, our main drive was the excellent ratio services/price. Our experience showed to be very positive, as the hotel is spacious, calm, has two pools. But our biggest surprise was the quality of its restaurant, where we had lunch, dinner, and breakfast. Large choice of (mainly) Italian/local receipts. Maitre Massimo and its team very attentive. Only reason for not deserving my 5 bullet judgment resides in its rooms, quite noisy as acoustic insulation is bad. I will certainly come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Leszno, Leszno, Poland
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel with great sea view.(We have made extra payment). The crew was very polite and helpful. Breakfasts - very good, but repeatable. Location - brilliant, far from center noise, close to many local restaurants (we prefered Renzo & Oscar restaurant) and beach (public beach also available). Overall, VERY GOOD HOTEL!

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ostrava
Reviewed July 7, 2013

One of hotels you will never miss. Too small room (we booked quadruple room: two adults and two kids 3 and 5 sleeping on beds above each other) opposite to another hotel, no view, tiny balcony just to accomodate two seats. Two pools, one heated. Breakfast very good if you like cofee and cake/croissant; but very limited choice of others especially if you stay longer than one night. Just scrambled eggs, bacon, two kinds of salami and cheese, tomatoes, lettuce...but no butter, cheese spread, wurstel, cucumber. No experience with half/full-board. Hotel offers 10% discount for beach club 113.

Recommendations:
- next to club 113 Aqua Marine you can find empty beach, especially out of weekends
- if you like mediaval castles/towns, visit of very close Gradara and San Marino is highly recommended. Best time is sunset - no tourists and great views!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pinnos
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was there visiting family friends for the weekend, my trip may have been short however it was lovely.. I wanted to buy a bottle of wine that was to be left for my friends and that was arranged with no issue whatsoever, with the help of the receptionist and head waiter who explained all the types of red wine and helped me pick a nice bottle. I forgot my iPad charger and they were quick to give me one and also plug it in the lobby for me. The aperitivo/buffet/dinner was quite yummy and our waitress was super nice and also the head waiter was on the ball and organized.. I saw them work harder than most upper scale restaurants in Milano. Overall my time was enjoyable and I would go back for sure. The staff made the stay perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked to stay in this Hotel as we were visiting Italy to go to the Moto GP in Misano. The staff were friendly, very helpful and always had a smile on their faces. Our room was spotless, there is free Wi fi and there was also internet in the lobby. The Hotel is ideally placed and near to the beach, restaurants and local amenities. The hotel even provide a fridge in the room which comes in very handy to keep the drinks cold. All in all a very nice hotel, great value for money and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this place to anyone wanting to visit Cattolica.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple