“Authentic Family Restaurant ”

Ristorante la Badiaccia
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ristorante con cucina tipica(carne,salumi etc..)Tutti i giorni specialita di mare in arrivo dai nostri mari.Pane e pasta fatto in casa.Carta dei vini con circa 250 etichette nazionali ed estere.
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

This was a wonderful and unplanned stop as we were visiting the area to visit the Wineries. Wonderful hosts, adorable restaurant and great food! The owner speaks great English as well. Thank you!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank littlebigaj
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

What a wonderful restaurant. The lady that served us gave us excellent advice and we loved the food.

I am a happy man!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

As we were traveling from Florence to Perugia we wanted to find a restaurant for a quick lunch. It was a pleasant surprise to find La Badiaccia. At 2:30 pm in this small village the place was packed. However, that didn’t interrupt the service or quality of food. From the pasta to sauces everything was homemade. The house wine was excellent. No one in our group expected this dining to jump to one of our best on this 3 week trip across Europe. The owner runs the restaurant and her husband is the chef. Strongly recommended!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is a must visit. We booked by telephone for 8 people plus small baby. Staff are friendly and recommended portions and give advices. The food the super delicious. We had a wonderful time and we highly recommend this place

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 6, 2019

In September of 2018 my wife and I were returning to Rome after a couple day visit to the Tuscan city of San Gimignano. I decided to stray from the direct path to Rome in order to make a stop in Umbria at La Badiaccia in Castiglione del Lago. Totally by chance, on the exact same day back in 2016 my wife and I were part of a group of 9 just arriving in Umbria for a weeks stay. We discovered La Badiaccia that same night and enjoyed a pleasant venue, wonderfully attentive service, mouth watering food and lots of delicious wine.

On our most recent visit, we arrived at La Badiaccia for lunch and sat outside to enjoy the sunny, warm weather. As if by fate, we were greeted by the same smiling woman who graciously and patiently attended to our fun loving group exactly 2 years earlier. What is even more amazing to me is the fact the she remembered our group from 2016 and without prompting pointed to the very table where our group sat during that visit! We chatted sporadically throughout our lunch as she attended to other patrons and I cannot tell you how thoroughly enjoyable our wide ranging conversation was.

The food at La Badiaccia did not disappoint on this second visit. My wife ordered and raved about an gnocchi dish that was made from purple potatoes. I can say with confidence that the quality of the food was as good as I had remembered from our prior visit. This alone deserves high praise indeed. However, the gift of being remembered by our wonderful hostess/server made our second visit that much more special and personal.

In short, if you are within striking distance of La Badiaccia as you visit or pass through Umbria near Castiglione del Lago and Lake Trasimeno I strongly encourage you stop for a meal and I'm more confident than ever that you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018