“La Badiaccia - Consistently Superior Food”

Ristorante la Badiaccia
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ristorante con cucina tipica(carne,salumi etc..)Tutti i giorni specialita di mare in arrivo dai nostri mari.Pane e pasta fatto in casa.Carta dei vini con circa 250 etichette nazionali ed estere.
Reviewed March 6, 2019

In September of 2018 my wife and I were returning to Rome after a couple day visit to the Tuscan city of San Gimignano. I decided to stray from the direct path to Rome in order to make a stop in Umbria at La Badiaccia in Castiglione del Lago. Totally by chance, on the exact same day back in 2016 my wife and I were part of a group of 9 just arriving in Umbria for a weeks stay. We discovered La Badiaccia that same night and enjoyed a pleasant venue, wonderfully attentive service, mouth watering food and lots of delicious wine.

On our most recent visit, we arrived at La Badiaccia for lunch and sat outside to enjoy the sunny, warm weather. As if by fate, we were greeted by the same smiling woman who graciously and patiently attended to our fun loving group exactly 2 years earlier. What is even more amazing to me is the fact the she remembered our group from 2016 and without prompting pointed to the very table where our group sat during that visit! We chatted sporadically throughout our lunch as she attended to other patrons and I cannot tell you how thoroughly enjoyable our wide ranging conversation was.

The food at La Badiaccia did not disappoint on this second visit. My wife ordered and raved about an gnocchi dish that was made from purple potatoes. I can say with confidence that the quality of the food was as good as I had remembered from our prior visit. This alone deserves high praise indeed. However, the gift of being remembered by our wonderful hostess/server made our second visit that much more special and personal.

In short, if you are within striking distance of La Badiaccia as you visit or pass through Umbria near Castiglione del Lago and Lake Trasimeno I strongly encourage you stop for a meal and I'm more confident than ever that you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is nice, cosy and clean! We got wonderful suggestions for vegetarian food and it was really excellent! Also the food from the menue was perfect. Very friendly service and warm-hearted atmosphere! The special olive oil was amazing, the wine excellent!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We chose La Badiaccia in part because it was so close to the villa we were renting and we were tired after a long day of touring. The restaurant is on the main road into Castiglione del Lago and is (or appears to be) attached to the camping ground if the same name. Once inside, though, we were greeted warmly. We asked the owner a dozen questions about the menu and she was gracious and enthusiastic. My sister and I both had pork medallions in a sagratino sauce with pecorino, which was delicious. My husband had tuna which included three large grilled pieces with different toppings — one with figs, one with onions and capers and one with grapes. My BIL has a plate of grilled seafood which included salmon, sea bass and prawns. Everything was delicious.

The wine list was extensive and we chose a local white (on the advice of the proprietor) and it, too, was excellent.

The restaurant specializes in local food, wine and ingredients and prepared them very well. It was a wonderful treat to eat at La Badiaccia. We hope to return next year.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The meal at this restaurant was perhaps the best meal we have had so far in our visit to Italy (we are from Canada). We have been to Venice and Florence but this hidden gem was just amazing!
My husband had the gnocchi with apple and smoked duck, and an appetizer of 6 difference fresh goat’s cheeses that the lovely waitress suggested.
And I loved my ravioli with an amazing cheese, a sauce to die for and topped with shrimp - all drizzled with a touch of dark chocolate. Dessert was perhaps among my favourite ever - a cheesecake made with yoghurt! And the crust was just delicious!! The wine was superb and our waitress suggested it after asking us what type of wine we liked. Again- it was the Best!!!
Thank you for this wonderful dinner experience!

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

A real surprising restaurant. Wonderful atmosphere, great service, fantastic food. Try the filet code fish with oranges! Everything was just perfect