“unforgettable”
Review of Cucina della Terra

Cucina della Terra
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was a trip of a lifetime. We had the most amazing time. Both Chef Gerri and Chef Jack are just wonderful hosts. They took care of everything. The tours, the accomodations, the cooking classes, and the food were all amazing. The cooking classes accomodate any skill level. I cook and my husband does not. By the end of this trip he was so excited to come home and try out all his new skills and I really enjoyed learning some wonderful new dishes. We spent 16 days in Italy on our honeymoon, 8 of those days on this tour. It was the highlight of our vacation. We did not have to worry about a thing. Gerri and Jack thought of everything, took care of everyones needs and really planned some great activities. The sites are breathtaking, the people are warm and inviting and the food....delicious! We made some great new friends too!

We will be back!
Felicia and Mark

2  Thank felicia o

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Everything about the Cucina Della Terra 8 night experience in Umbria and Tuscany was better than expected. Every morning there is a trip to another beautiful, ancient Italian town. Every day there is a cooking lesson with fresh ingredients, eaten at completion, and every day there is also another wonderful meal in a great restaurant. I cannot cook and I cannot understand Italian and I was amazed.

1  Thank spcOsb
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect on my trip to Cucina Della Terra, other then I knew I would have a great time. I didn't realize I would have an experience that will touch me for the rest of my life.

The country breath-taking, the food scrumptious, and the adventures were off the beaten path. But that's only part of what made this trip so memorable, it was the people.

The people in our group were warm, unforgettable and just became family. And it goes without saying that Jack and Gerri were at the top of this list. And with the right combination of everything, it became a very special place and time, that I will hold close to my heart.

Go. And go before it sells out that its impossible to go.

3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had an outstanding experience during our week at Cucina Della Terra. The program was the centerpiece of our Italy vacation, following our time in Venice and Florence, and preceding Rome. It was the perfect combination of cultural immersion (touring several architecturally beautiful cities in Tuscany and Umbria; exploring the olive harvest, wine and cheese making, and truffle hunting) and learning new cooking skills, techniques and recipes. Chefs Gerri and Jack were most generous, sharing not only their exquisite cooking kitchen with us, but also their time, experience, love of cooking, fine wines, and knowledge of and love for Italy with us. Every meal we ate was excellent, rich in flavor, varied in content, pushing us beyond what we knew and with which we were comfortable, to new culinary heights. It was the experience of a lifetime.

1  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Probably one of the best weeks i have ever spent in my life! I am a culinary school graduate traveling Italy for 2 months. I decided to begin my tour with Chef Gerri at Cucina Della Terra. What an amazing week I had. My group was a large one. We were 14 people who got along well and had an amazing adventure. From the olive harvest at cucina della terrra (la roccolta) to truffle hunting with Mateo and Sole, Wine at Villa St. Anna with Simone, learning about pecorino cheese in Pienza, cooking with Chef Gerri and Jack and our amazing accommodations. It was a trip of a lifetime i will never forget. I thank Chef Gerri and Jack for all that they have done and I wish them luck at Cucina Della Terra. It is not to be missed if you want to see the best of italy with some wonderful people.

2  Thank Danamarie B