“La familia di italia”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“La familia di italia”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Probably one of the best weeks i have ever spent in my life! I am a culinary school graduate traveling Italy for 2 months. I decided to begin my tour with Chef Gerri at Cucina Della Terra. What an amazing week I had. My group was a large one. We were 14 people who got along well and had an amazing adventure. From the olive harvest at cucina della terrra (la roccolta) to truffle hunting with Mateo and Sole, Wine at Villa St. Anna with Simone, learning about pecorino cheese in Pienza, cooking with Chef Gerri and Jack and our amazing accommodations. It was a trip of a lifetime i will never forget. I thank Chef Gerri and Jack for all that they have done and I wish them luck at Cucina Della Terra. It is not to be missed if you want to see the best of italy with some wonderful people.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Danamarie B

Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing week...”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It was a great combination between the beautiful Toscany and Umbria sights and the wonderful cooking lessons with Chefjerry and Jack. We loved the kitchen settings and the of coarse the quality of the recipies.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Edna I
Jersey City, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“UNDER MY TUSCAN SUN...”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

So I decided to take a vacation...by myself...to Italy! My friends said I was crazy but that this was a trip that they dreamed of doing someday. Shortly after deciding to do this I found Cucina Della Terra through ICE and booked it without really giving to much thought. All I have to say to you if you are reading this review is TAKE THIS TRIP...BOOK IT... DO IT ALONE OR WITH SOMEONE YOU LOVE! It changed my life in many, many ways. Master chefs Gerri and Jack took us under their wings (with patience, laughter and love) and taught us everything about cooking, team work and living life in Umbria. They are both extremely passionate, knowledgable and very funny individuals. This cooking school they have created is exceptional from the variety of food and techniques we tried to master, the workspace and tools we were able to experiment with and that there is a whole lot of love in every inch of that kitchen.

Each day we ventured to a new city which consumed cameras with the most breath taking photos. Our bellies were beyond full each day and we drank some of the most incredible red and white wines of the area. This one week away felt like two as you were able to really shut off work/life back home and jump into this culinary retreat.

The other individuals who signed up for this adventure I consider now friends and we really enjoyed each others company throughout the week. We laughed so much!

BOOK THIS TRIP! VACATION OF A LIFETIME!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank ShaeKing
Newton, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An Intro to Italy and Italian Cooking”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I went to the cooking class / vacation this past October. I had never taken a vacation outside the U.S. before (and honestly never had a desire to!). I am now hooked on Italy - I would go back in a heartbeat!! Chef Gerri (and Jack) put an enormous amount of time energy into the planning and execution of every aspect of the tours and cooking classes. With only thirteen people in our group, we were never lost in a crowd, everything seemed to revolve around each of us as individuals (I really don't know how Gerri can put so much energy into each day's activities, and still be able to get up and do it again the next day!) This was such a tremendously wonderful (and even life changing!) trip. Before this trip, my cooking abilities were basically a terrible tuna/mushroom/pea casserole and chocolate-chip cookies (seemed ok when I was single!) Now I make fresh, hand-made pasta almost every weekend, can make a decent poached egg, etc (my wife LOVES the fact that I now cook edible food!!!) The day tours were also great. We went to some wonderful towns (Orvieto, Perugia, etc) where we saw a glimpse of old-world Italy. Be warned though.....bring comfortable shoes...you will need them! The days are full (no, I mean FULL) of sightseeing, cooking classes, eating, and good times. Probably the best part of the trip: the hosts. Gerri and Jack are absolutely the best - they care about what they are doing - they care about cooking, they care about the Italian experience, and most important: they care about their guests!! I could go on, but, you get the idea. Thank You Gerri and Jack!!!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Daniel M
rvc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“COOKING..NO CLEANING.....IN UMBRIA AT CUCINA DELLA TERRA”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I don't want to sound snobbish...but...I have traveled almost all over the world,and, I have to say this was the best vacation/learning experience I have ever had!! When people ask me why???? I can say that from the arrival at the train station, to the beautiful Italian villa, to the cooking classes with Chef Gerri and the tours in the Italian countryside, I have never had so much fun, been so relaxed., and so well fed!!! Ok,so early yoga surrounded by Lavender bushes was a great start to the day. This was folowed by a Tuscan breakfast, tour of the countryside, markets to buy the fresh fruits/vegetables, butcher shops for the fresh meat, tours of cheese places where we tried ,bought and ate the fresh cheese used in our dishes. Of course, it would not be complete with a winery tour with the most fabulous hostess and delicious wines to taste!!! The night would start at Chef Gerri's and she would explain the what and how we were going to cook. There was no fooling around here. (ONLY KIDDING) but really Chef Gerri had an ambitious menu and we did it!! She is a very knowledgabale person and a real spitfire!! The best part for me..was NO CLEAN UP..WOO-HOO. Chef Gerri had 2 wonderful young ladies help to clean up our stations. I learned so much...how to make pasta...clean/cut , filet a fish, make wonderful sauces, cook wild boar(yes I said wild boar),
use fresh herbs (yup.right from her garden!) polenta, and the best bean salads ever!!! I have made many of the dishes back home and my family and friends loved it. OH...I now make the best risotto ever..Gordon Ramsay would even say so!!! The week ended with a fabulous grilling in Chef Gerris's backyard surrounded by her neighbors!! I went on this trip with 5 friends and we all had a blast!!! I still see myself cooking away..but...I am now at home in NY and I would much rather be in ITALY!!!!!!! This trip is highly recommended

Visited July 2012