“A warm welcome to the colors of Umbria”
other travelers have booked this property
Casa Paterna and olive orchard from road
the house facade from the olive grove...last lived in after WWII housing 11 families and 35 people! early morning light bathing the eastern corner of the house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Casa Paterna and olive orchard from road
early morning light bathing the eastern corner of the house
the children\'s welcome board
Kitchen/dining area... spacious and bright
Kitchen (washing machine under curtains) with view to larder and front door
A cozy corner in the dining area
Open plan living with reclaimed floors and beams
view from living room across balcony to the fields
Master bedroom with king wrought iron bed
View from the master bedroom
Ensuite bathroom 1 -open shower with brass fixtures
Queen 4-post bedroom with Chinese alter table and locally made copper lighting
Large, bright ensuite bathroom with clawfoot bath, rain drop shower, bidet, toilet & sink
balcony dining
from the balcony...
...uninterrupted views
Portico for lounging on daybeds or enjoying a proseco!
original stone walls and arches and reclaimed terra cotta...
...and in winter
soft uplights on the beams at night...
It's possible to rent our downstairs ensuite guest bedroom as well...
Downstairs guest bedroom with original archways, stone wall, flagstone shower, stone sink...
doorway from downstairs guest bedroom to ingresso
the olive grove
Vaiano, our local village, in the mist
the house sitting central on the surrounding land
sunflowers on the drive
Casa Paterna with Lago Trasimeno in background
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MKCBenz
Mukilteo, Washington
“A warm welcome to the colors of Umbria”
Reviewed September 10, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My two grown daughters and I spent two weeks exploring Umbria and Tuscany. At the end of each adventure, we loved coming "home" to our villa apartment to cook dinner, watch the sun set, and attempt to capture the glow in watercolors, photos, and writing. The only distraction at Casa Paterna is the beauty.
The accommodations suited us perfectly as I had reserved both the main apartment and the loft; we had plenty of space to spread out - a bedroom and bathroom for each.
Cynthia and David Morgan are the perfect mixture of host and friend: Always available but never intrusive, they answered our questions, shared their suggestions, and gave directions for day trips. Their help and friendship made our Italy experience all the better. Cynthia even picked me up at the Castiglione del Lago train station, took me grocery shopping, and introduced me to Prosecco hour at the sailing club bar. To top off our Umbrian experience, the family dog, Gus, often greeted us with Italian affection providing his own gesture of welcome.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The Morgan hospitality and the scenery and the window screens!
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Brownyn
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Our dream in the Umbrian country side come true!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Cassa Paterna was everything the website had promised and more. We absolutely LOVED our 9 night stay for a mille reasons. Perfectly situated for us to enjoy day trips into the Tuscan and Umbrian country to the endless hilltop villages. My husband and I are real foodies so we gathered charcuterie, cheese , amazing fresh produce and wine on our day trips and returned at night to cook up a storm in the very cosy kitchen / dining room. The apartment is beautifully decorated and it's been lovingly restored with authenticity and care. Its a really terrific spot to chill and unwind .... Although to be honest we battled to do that as there is a bounty of dqy trip options - either self drive ( which is what we did) or by train. Cynthia and David Morgan and their 3 kids are wonderfully friendly and beyond helpful and we even felt saying goodbye to Gus, their bouncy friendly German Shepperd when we left. Gracie mille for the most special memorable time. Til we meet again ... Love Patrick and Bronwyn

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
talldrink...
Seattle
“Beautiful, large country retreat, perfect for day-trips”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Part of me doesn't want to review Cynthia & David's apartment so I can keep it a secret and have it all to myself. That's how amazing my experience was renting it. The location itself is so spectacularly beautiful that I couldn't stop taking pictures of the view. It's remote enough to feel secluded in the countryside while still being 30-60 minutes from Cortona, Montepulciano, Orvieto, Siena and basically every other hilltown we wanted to visit. The apartment was, hands-down, the most beautiful vacation apartment I have ever rented. It is larger than it appears in the photos with two big bedrooms and two full bathrooms. Both had rainfall shower heads, one with a beautiful soaking tub that I had to take advantage of. I really wanted to use the large fireplace but the weather was too warm so we spent all of our time either relaxing out on the private terrace or in the well-equipped kitchen cooking the fresh, local foods we bought during the day. Last but definitely not least, Cynthia was an amazing host. She was so fun to talk to, ready to give restaurant recommendations and incredibly knowledgable about the area while also being very conscientious about giving us our private space. The day I left their apartment, I started planning when I could next return. Do not miss staying here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The luxurious accommodations and the spectacular view off the terrace
Liked least: Absolutely nothing
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2011 for a stay in November 2010

Liked best: The location and the wonderfully welcoming hosts
Liked least: That I had to drive to get a coffee
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
hong kong
Reviewed January 25, 2011 for a stay in June 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: It was one of the most beautiful villas in the area
Liked least: I just can't think of anything right now!
Traveling group: Solo traveler
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Reviewed January 14, 2011 for a stay in May 2009

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;