Riserva di Fizzano has a lot of character and charm in the heart of Tuscany. It is an old estate, tastefully restored with breath taking views every where you look. You can see San Gimiganino and the towers on a clear day from the property. All of the suites are spacious and very authentically decorated to keep the charm of the location and era, very rustic and rather large rooms. We had a two bedroom suite, one with a full size bed, and another with twin beds for our two kids. We had a full kitchen, dining table and living room. You can easily cook and store food in your wonderful apartment. Each bedroom had its own full bathroom too. When you think of wanting to experience the charm of Tuscany, this is definitely the place to do it. The hospitality of the staff is exceptional. They are very attentive in helping you in any way.
We ate at the restaurant on the premises and experienced local Tuscany cuisine. We did not realize that Riserva di Fizzano has a big role in working with the Olive Garden US restaurant chain. The Chefs at Riserva di Fizzano regularly train the chefs that work at Olive Garden to learn how to prepare authentic italian Tuscany cousine. The food was fabulous and the wine that they served was fantastic partially because the property is owned by the Rocca delle Macie winery. Many of the dishes melted in your mouth with exceptional quality and taste. Something you won't find at the local Olive Garden, lol, but you will be impressed in the way they prepare and present the dishes. YUM!!!
We signed up for a wine tour and tasting and really enjoyed seeing the full range of wines. My husband and son who are not normally dessert wine drinkers, found theirs to be exceptional in full body taste -- highly recommend Dolceluna. We enjoyed seeing their wine process. The tour was well worth the time in understanding how they prepare their wines. The wine shop can ship any where in the world, so you can order and have your wine shipped back to you in the states. We bought a case of white and red wines and are having them shipped to the US.
If you want daily room service, you have to request this at the front desk. We did not know this and after having a full day of fun in Tuscany, we came back to our beds not being made. We had an apartment type suite on the second floor with some fantastic views, but the stairs going up were a little steep and very rustic. While the stairs were not a challenge for us, it would be for my parents that are in their 80's. If you have elders in your party, you may want to make reservations in advance to secure one of the suites that are on the ground floor, so you do not have to deal with the steps.
The drive to find this country estate could be challenging without renting a GPS -- we were able to enter the coordinates and be brought right to the front door. It is out in the countryside, so I would highly recommend renting a GPS for the week.
This country estate is beautiful. It surpassed our expectations in every way and if we go back to Tuscany, there is no question about our plans to stay there again. Our two kids who are in their mid-20's were really taken back and thoroughly enjoyed the Tuscany experience. A trip of a life time, and Riserva di Fizzano made it a very memorable time for all of us. THANK YOU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Tuscany’s Chianti region, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves lies Relais Riserva di Fizzano, a beautifully restored complex of medieval farmhouses.The complex is made up of self-contained apartments, gardens, an old chapel and a restaurant which offers genuine Tuscan cuisine. There is also a large swimming pool overlooking the valley and mountain bikes are available free of charge for those who want to venture into the gorgeous surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Riserva di Fizzano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riserva Di Fizzano Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Riserva Di Fizzano Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany