All reviews dario castagno wine tour cooking class her daughter chianti region other guests delicious lunch each morning infinity pool tiramisu tour of the property tuscan sun cooking lesson working winery super tuscan places to visit outside patio
Reviewed September 25, 2018

A lovely place in nature. People are super friendly and caring. Rooms are lovely and very clean, bed is good. The extra profited activities as the wine tour and cooking class I definately recommend. Beautiful view.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 25, 2018

We had the recent opportunity to stay at this beautiful property this past September with close friends from Boston and North Carolina. We rented the two cottages that they offered which were outstanding. The cottages provided everything you would need for a great stay along with perhaps the best views you could possibly imagine in Tuscany. This was my third trip to Tuscany and my first stay at this first class property. We all loved the serenity of the place.
Our host Edith was very informative and excellent to deal with. She really made you feel welcomed.The breakfast food selections were delicious and the dinner that was arranged for us there was outstanding. I strongly recommend making reservations for this memorable dinner experience.
Thank you Edith for a memorable and relaxing stay and I hope to return to your beautiful property for a longer visit. This was my four friends first visit to Tuscany and were totally pleased at what your beautiful place had to offer. They did not know what to expect and based on their comments to me Tregole exceeded all their expectations.

Room tip: I recommend the cottages
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Edith was great! We learned a lot, had fun doing it, and enjoyed a great meal with Rose to match.

We made homemade pasta which reminded me of fond memories I had with my grandmother growing up. It really hit home for me : )

Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

This was easily one of our favourite days anywhere in Italy! We did a cooking class with Edith which was not only delicious, but incredibly practical and fun. Edith is charming and funny, as well as very passionate and knowledgeable about food. We made a pici (Southern Tuscan speciality pasta), Pork loin with white wine and herbs of the garden and tiramisu which were all amazing and some of the best Italian food we've ever had (her accompanying Rosato is beautiful as well). All in all, was a really enjoyable in every way and an authentic experience - cannot recommend highly enough!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

My husband and myself spent 4 nights at the beautiful Fattoria Tregole to celebrate his 50th Birthday. The setting is stunning and the way the house has been lovingly and sympathetically restored is just beautiful. It was lovely to come back to Tregole after a day out and relax by the pool in the late afternoon sunshine. Edith and her daughter Sophie are both very welcoming and offer suggestions of places to visit and restaurants to eat at, even making reservations for you. We ate at the restaurant on our third night; the courtyard setting with the trees lit up and candles on the tables made for a really romantic setting. As for the meal it was by far the best meal we had during our Italian break, we enjoyed a bottle of the vineyards own Chianti Reserva, which was superb! A continental breakfast was served each morning on the terrace in the warm morning sunshine, a plentiful selection of fruit, yogurt, meats, cheese, bread and pastries along with fresh coffee. All in all I cannot recommend Fattoria Tregole highly enough and hope to stay again should I visit Castellina.

Room tip: We stayed in Room 3, which was large and had a Super King Size bed.
Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Edith86_Tregole, Proprietario at Tregole, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Who better than our guests can describe all the beautiful things that Tregole offers. A warm thanks to you for your nice review
Edith and Sophie