Review Highlights
Fun time learning Tuscan cooking

We thoroughly enjoyed our cooking class with Ulrike. From the time we arrived, she made us feel... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JNFinLex
Kentucky, USA
Highlight of our Tuscan Adventure!

Ulrike was so patient with my questions about our upcoming cooking class, and then finally the day... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $140.54
from $95.57
from $292.33
More Info
All reviews lemon chicken tuscan cooking poderi val verde sausage at home tiramisu learning how red pepper great teacher wealth of knowledge cooking class highlight of our trip week holiday cooking tips beautiful property via email dietary restrictions
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2019

Myself and my husband took this cooking class as part of our 2 week holiday in Tuscany and it was certainly one of the highlights of our whole time there. We communicated with Ulrike via email before our trip and she was great, taking into account the fact that I don't eat meat. The location is fantastic, just outside of Castellina in Chianti by about 5 minutes by car, in a beautiful setting. Ulrike is a lovely, funny and incredibly intelligent woman with a wealth of knowledge about cooking. We made so much delicious food, whilst having good conversations and learning a lot. We then had so much to eat afterwards, as well as some to take away for lunch the following day! Come hungry! Don't look any further for a fantastic Tuscan cooking experience!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Two friends and I booked a private cooking class with Ulrike. The experience was fantastic from start to finish. Ulrike was very responsive via email helping us come up with a menu that would work for our dietary restrictions (homemade pasta with meat sauce, lemon chicken, jam crostata). She was incredibly kind and welcoming (made a cup of coffee for one of my friends when we arrived). The class was very hands on and Ulrike is a great teacher - informative and funny. The food was absolutely delicious. Thank you Ulrike for such a great day! Highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2019

If you enjoy Peace and quite in a beautiful location you need to go to Poderi Val Verde just outside Castellina in Chianti you need to stay here! This was my first trip to Italy and I knew that I wanted most to be in Tuscony. This is the perfect location, you have the authentic feel of a Tuscan home. It is also a working farm and the owner Ulrike is so warm and welcoming, you will feel you are home. Beside being able to have fresh eggs( if you want to cook) and a wonderful welcome dinner with all the residence, you can also attend cooking classes and there is an archery range if you would like to try your hand, or you could just sit by the pool and enjoy the breeze as it comes down into the valley. You are only 40 minutes either way to Florence and Seina, easy drive. The small towns and wineries in the area were magnificient. I would love to go back someday just to sit on the patio and listen to the goats and the different birds in the area with a lovely glass of wine!!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 9, 2019

We really enjoyed learning how to cook authentic Tuscan food in Ulrike's kitchen. It was a hands-on class where we fully participated in making the meal, and the evening ended with us eating the delicious dinner. I can't wait to make the tirimisu.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

What an incredible find!! My mom and I took this cooking lesson on our last day together in Italy, and it was the absolute highlight of the trip for me. The location on Ulrike’s beautiful property in Chianti is picturesque and feels like it’s out of a movie, with the lesson in her home kitchen. Ulrike and her son were warm and welcoming, making my mom and I feel right at home. She guided us through four dishes — eggplant & red pepper pate, fusilli with sausage, lemon chicken, and tiramisu — all of which were not only delicious and authentic, but taught in a way that we can make them at home (and I definitely plan to!). Ulrike was experienced, patient, and attentive, providing all sorts of helpful tips and knowledge about local cooking traditions throughout. Overall, the experience felt more like cooking with my Italian “mamma” than your average class. And did I mention how incredible the food tasted? I can not recommend this enough!

Date of experience: April 2019