We stayed 2 nights in Castellina in Chianti and it took us little time to understand what this town has to offer. There is not as much to see in this town as other Tuscan towns and cities, but the residents are rightfully proud of their town. And it is easy to understand why - this town is about slowing down and appreciating the goods things life offers. And this hotel is an excellent place to develop that understanding.
The place is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is fine. There are nice little places throughout the hotel to relax. There is an underutilized spa area with a jacuzzi and sauna. Great place to hang around. There is a nice pool to take a dip. Most importantly, there are beautiful gardens to relax and view the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. One afternoon, we purchased a bottle of wine and food from a local market and enjoyed one of the best meals imaginable. The hotel supplied 2 wine glasses and the beautiful grounds for a great 3 hours! If you are looking for a hotel to help you relax and come to appreciate why Tuscany is epicenter of La Dolce Vita, then this is as good a place as there is to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historical center of Castellina in Chianti, you will find the 15th century Palazzo Squarcialupi. In the past, the Palace was a noble residence with agricultural activity and has recently been restored to become the Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany