Palazzo Squarcialupi is a gem in the middle of Tuscany, it is strategical for travellers in the Tuscan region since it stays right between Florence and Siena, in the small town of Castellina, near of great mediavel villages of Chianti region! The hotel stays in a historic building very important for the wine culture in Chianti, it has been remodelled and rooms are very spacious and comfortable, having all you need for a good stay, with large bathrooms and bed. The hotel has a complimentary spa with sauna, turkish bath and jacuzzi, which is a must to relax after a walking day in a Tuscan city. it also has an elevator, feature very difficult to find in italian hotels located in old buildings. It lies right in the main street of Castellina, surrounded by excellent restaurants just downstairs, so you don´t need to take car at night to eat some outstanding italian dinner. We stayed 5 days and we thought we could have easily spent more time there. It has a good typical italian breakfast (not american) with fruits, breads, juices, coffee, milk, integral items, jams, cakes and homemade salami, jam, assorted cheese and others. The staff is excellent, very helpful and always smiling, giving tips about restaurants and tours. There is also free parking, which is essential for travellers since they usually visit the Tuscan by car. BAD THINGS: Option of channels on TV is very limited, having only italian speaking channels (no cable). Altough having free parking, it is not right "in" od "under" the hotel, but at 50-100m away, which creat confusion at the first arrival and demands some logistics to check in, since you have to go to the upper street in front of the Police Station to disembark and leave the luggage, then you turn around to the lower street to park (this should be better explained before reaching the hotel, to avoid mistakes).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historical center of Castellina in Chianti, you will find the 15th century Palazzo Squarcialupi. In the past, the Palace was a noble residence with agricultural activity and has recently been restored to become the Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany