The hotel is a huge renovated house in the middle of the town built over the actual ramparts of the old town walls. It is a huge rambling place which breathes history and it is very well furnished and decorated with antique furniture. The bathrooms are modern and well appointed and the lounge and sitting room reflect an older era of great grandeur. One cannot help feeling a little out of place sitting there with a laptop. The sauna and wellness area is below the hotel, in what would have been the wine cellar. It is very clean,serene and calm, and worthy of a four star hotel. The pool is a little way off from the hotel away from the town walls and accessed down some very steep steps. The hotel has a parking area nearby and you can offload at the reception, which is in a pedestrian area. The scottish and german ladies who worked as receptionists were both fantastic and very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room was a little cramped but the breakfast buffet was above average. On the whole a charming hotel, full of history, in a rambling old italian building right in the centre of Castellina in Chianti.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historical center of Castellina in Chianti, you will find the 15th century Palazzo Squarcialupi. In the past, the Palace was a noble residence with agricultural activity and has recently been restored to become the Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany