What a beautiful place! The room was lovely and very clean, not luxurious, but just what we wanted. The bathroom was spotless. We had a very nice breakfast each morning, which included varieties of sliced meats, breads, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and you could boil your own eggs by dipping color coded holders into a simmering electric pot. Graciella, who maintains the buffet, was super nice and accomodating. We stayed here for most of our honeymoon in Tuscany. It was a central place to stay in the region. We drove to Siena, San Gimignano, Florence, Greve in Chianti and Radda in Chianti, and everything was easily within an hour driving time. You do need a car to get into the center of town, though--pretty long walk without one. Would absolutely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salivolpi is an old farmhouse from 1400, situated on the hill where stood the ancient Etruscan Castellina, the old town of Castellina in Chianti is in walking distance. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, enjoy a panorama that sweeps over the valley, from Monteriggioni to San Gimignano. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Siena, 30 from Florence and San Gimignano. Our rooms with authentic decor in rustic Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and wooden beams, are equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi and a minibar. A cozy breakfast room, a large garden, swimming pool and parking available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salivolpi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany