My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on our trip through Tuscany and we wished that we could have stayed a bit longer.
In a quite area in walking distance to the charming town of Castellina in Chianti, this hotel offers a beautiful view on the Chianti landscape. The garden is very peaceful and we were even tempted by the nice pool, although it turned out to be still quite cold in May (we had been warned though ^^)
The rooms were a nice mixture of rustic traditional elements (some of the furniture), combined with modern comforts (very nice bathroom, TV, fridge, etc.)
The real strong point of the hotel is however the service. All of the staff members are extremely helpful and friendly provide useful information on surroundings, restaurants, tourist sites, wineries etc.
We were especially thankful to Sylvia at the front desk, who never tired to give us friendly and useful advice or to answer our questions about her home region.
The breakfast buffet offers a large choice of continental and especially Italian breakfast.
Due to its central location in the Chianti area, all main tourist sites can be reached easily by car and you will appreciate the calm in the night after the bustle of the day.
The only slight criticism we can make is that internet is not included in the hotel price, but has to be purchased extra (even if it's at a moderate price of 2 EUR for 24 h)
All in all, we can fully recommend the Salivolpi Hotel if you visit the Chianti region and would not hesitate to go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salivolpi is an old farmhouse from 1400, situated on the hill where stood the ancient Etruscan Castellina, the old town of Castellina in Chianti is in walking distance. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, enjoy a panorama that sweeps over the valley, from Monteriggioni to San Gimignano. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Siena, 30 from Florence and San Gimignano. Our rooms with authentic decor in rustic Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and wooden beams, are equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi and a minibar. A cozy breakfast room, a large garden, swimming pool and parking available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salivolpi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany