We chose to stay at Colle Etrusco as w thought that its close proximity to a small village would give us more dining options, and this was proved true as there was a Michelin star (One star) restaurant just 5minutes down the road!
We were greeted to a beautiful sight of the famed Chianthi vineyards every morning, and were able to sleep with our windows open as our room didn't face the road. The room was very spacious, as was the bathroom, and very clean.
The staff were very friendly, and helped us make reservations at the restaurants. They even notified us about a small festival going on in the village during one of the days, and it was there that we got to eat the best roasted chestnuts we have ever had.
A definite recommendation if you are looking to stay in Castellina in Chianthi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salivolpi is an old farmhouse from 1400, situated on the hill where stood the ancient Etruscan Castellina, the old town of Castellina in Chianti is in walking distance. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, enjoy a panorama that sweeps over the valley, from Monteriggioni to San Gimignano. The hotel is about 20 minutes from Siena, 30 from Florence and San Gimignano. Our rooms with authentic decor in rustic Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and wooden beams, are equipped with air conditioning, private bathroom, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi and a minibar. A cozy breakfast room, a large garden, swimming pool and parking available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salivolpi Hotel Castellina In Chianti
- Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany