“Wonderful!!”

Osteria Pastececi da Sonia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Osteria Pastececi offers dishes Florentine respecting the seasonality of products and using selected Italian meats , extra virgin olive oil , bread baked in a wood and fresh vegetables . Salami and fresh pasta . The desserts are homemade . Sonia will keep you company with the sympathy of the typical Florentine with kindness and respect towards the customer . A time to spend in relaxation, tranquility and then also with the belly piena.Vi look .....
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visited Castellina in Chianti in early July. Pasta e Ceci da Sonia was recommended by our host Edith at Fattoria Tregole. Although the restaurant does not look like much, in a suburban looking area, don't hesitate to eat there!

There was only us and one other couple eating. The food was marvelous, fresh and delicious. Each mouthful was better than the next. From the crostini, cheese and zucchini rolls, steak in Chianti sauce, chick peas, ravioli with spinach, ricotta and porcini mushrooms, and dessert, everything was thoughtfully prepare by the 20 year old Romanian chef Fiorentina. She was also our waiter! Sonia supervised. And the wine we chose was also excellent. Best cappuccino!

The food was world class and we should have gone back to eat there again. Unfortunately our stay was only 3 days. But the meal was a definite highlight of our visit!

Well done!! We'll be back!!

Sonia918, Proprietario at Osteria Pastececi da Sonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Cindy B Good evening, I'm very glad that your dinner was so much appreciated. Your words fill me with pride and you have been very kind with me and Florentina (the girl who has followed you in my place because I unfortunately do not speak your language very well). Anyway, the important thing is that everything went well and that your hearts remained a pleasant memory of my kitchen.
I hope you will come back soon to see me and I wish you all the best.
Thank you so much for everything and see you soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a little trouble finding the place, but only because we were expecting "da Sonia" to be in the restaurant name on the sign. We had actually driven past it a couple of times so it is not very hard to find. The food was delicious! For primi piatti, the pasta with parmesan sauce and fresh tomatoes was amazing! The chicken with 7 flavors (not sure of exact names as I am doing this off of memory) was also quite delicious! The grilled vegetables were in fact grilled, but were served cold so that was a little unexpected. I would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Memtol
bludidin, Proprietario at Osteria Pastececi da Sonia, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Memtol Good evening, thank you for your review and I am very happy that my kitchen to be enjoyed. I hope you will return soon to see now that he knows the way. For me it will always pleasure u host it.
Thank you so much for your kindness.
See you soon

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Service was great, they were so kind and the food was excellent. Bruschetta was fantastic and the pasta sauces had that homemade taste.

bludidin, Proprietario at Osteria Pastececi da Sonia, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

AdamB1123 Hello, I am very happy that my dinner in the tavern is piciuta so much. His words are very kind. Thank you very much for your review and I hope that soon will come back to see me.
Thanks again for everything, for me it was a pleasure. See you soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We ate here on our holiday recently. The place is outside of Castellina by some margin, so you'll have to drive if you're staying in town. It's set on the edge of a modern housing estate but that's not a problem at all. Just don't expect rural charm, but that doesn't bother me - when I go to eat I want good food, first and foremost. That's where this place fails, I'm afraid. The hostess (Sonia) is lovely and looked after us well, but the food was just way too salty, even by Tuscan standards. We didn't see who was in the kitchen, so no idea what the chef arrangements were, but it didn't seem to me like anyone was tasting the food. Honestly, some of it was so salty it was almost inedible, so it's not just a matter of taste in this occasion, but poor quality control. The menu and wine list were varied and interesting, so on that basis I may try again next visit to Tuscany, but with so many good places to eat, it's hard to justify giving a restaurant a second chance.

1  Thank LouisaG
bludidin, Proprietario at Osteria Pastececi da Sonia, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

LouisaG Good evening, I appreciate with pleasure your review and thank you very much for your time. I'm so sorry I've found the food salty, inedible. Thank you for having pointed out and I really hope that this does not happen to me in the future. The salty food is a problem that you can easily solve for luck, and that's what I'll do. I hope that during his next vacation will come back to me so as to remedy the problem. I would have preferred that he had written the dishes we ate for better compression on my part. Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you again soon. Good holiday.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I would recommend the ravioli (filled with cheese and spinach) with porcini mushroom sauce, and the chocolate cake :)

bludidin, Proprietario at Osteria Pastececi da Sonia, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Esrave Good evening, I'm very happy that they liked my pasa fresh ravioli with porcini mushrooms and dark chocolate cake and chianti. For me it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to see you soon here from me.
See you soon