We were thrilled by the place, when we arrived. It's one of those typical tuscan houses made of stone. Room has everything you need, it's also very clean and the whole house is lovely decorated. The backyard is also nice arranged, so that you can enjoy your coffee or a glass of wine there (in the company of 4 hens and 2 cats :D). Breakfast, served in the kitchen, was also delightful.
Erica, the host, was very friendly (maybe a little over-friendly).
For us, there were only two downsides about this place:
1. location is about 7 km away from the nearest village. So if you want to do a wine tasting, somebody has to drive home...
2. check out was at 10 am, which we didn't knew, nor expect. So we felt kind off thrown-out the day we left. Erica wasn't very understanding regarding this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome in the heart of Chianti in a charming historic location.Castellina in Chianti, half way between Florence and Siena, presents best the wonderful wiev of the Toscan's countryside. The vineyards, olive farms and oak forest are the most typical for the locality of Castellina in Chianti.The middle age churches, castle and farms are all spread throughout the beautifully surroundings. In the 13th century Castellina with Gaiole and Radda formed a part of the "Lega Chianti". ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Fiaba Bed & Breakfast Castellina In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany