Castello di Fonterutoli
Hotel Il Colombaio(Castellina In Chianti)(Great Value!)
$94
Tenuta di Ricavo(Ricavo)(Great Value!)
$193
Casafrassi Hotel(Castellina In Chianti)(Great Value!)
$101
Hotel Villa Casalecchi(Castellina In Chianti)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotels.com
Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi(Castellina In Chianti)(Great Value!)
$129
Podere Palazzolo(Castellina In Chianti)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotel Belvedere Di San Leonino(Castellina In Chianti)
$187
Hotels.com
Hotel Palazzo Squarcialupi(Castellina In Chianti)
$143
Collelungo(Castellina In Chianti)
TripAdvisor
Agriturismo Casale Dello Sparviero(Castellina In Chianti)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswine tastingold villagewonderful roomrustic experiencelarge bedchianti regionbeautiful placeamazing viewsolive grovesperfect locationjeanjinwineryinhabitantspropertybedroomflorence
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a beautiful room (Rosa) in a wonderful old building. The only negative thing about the room was that there were no air conditioning.

Great service and fabulous breakfast. The restaurant on the estate is also superb!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Alright it has taken me a year to write this review due to being so upset! We were so excited to spend our last four nights in this apartment, drinking Mazzei wine, going to the local butcher, grocer, bakery...etc. then returning to our apartment cooking, sitting on our terrace and enjoying the lovely scenery. Well it was horrible the conditions when we walked in were so unsatisfactory. Now I know it is an old place and musty smell could be in order. However, not this bad if they updated cushions, chairs, matresses even sheets!!! It would have been better.
It was raining when we arrived, we had wet firewood, when asked for paper to start the fire the apartment clerk was irritated and handed me a bunch of paper from the copy machine?!? We had four women in our group the front door did not lock, the hotel clerk suggested put a piece of wood to keep it shut?!?!? A toilet that didn't work unless we added water, bugs in the bathtub, bugs everywhere including the bed. Very disappointed when we were so excited to stay here and drink Mazzei wine. We were so sad!!! Oh we also paid for continental breakfast. Three barely edible pears, four small yogurts, processed individual packaged sliced cheese in wrappers, four eggs, no coffee, no juice. I can not remember but approx. 10 euros per person for the breakfast. It was so sad after all the other hotels, apartments we had stayed in for the past three weeks in Italy. I DO NOT WANT anyone else to go through what we did. The hotel clerk I am sorry I can not remember his name. He was not helpful, very mean, it was sad. I would be happy to send pictures, more information to anyone NOT TO STAY in the Fonterutoli / Glicine Piccolo!!!! It was not suitable for adults,children or anyone else!! The saving grace was the Palazzo Squarcialupi in Castellina, it was not far away, it was incredible and at a reasonable price last minute....the last four nights in Italy was fantastic thanks to them. Please I have stayed many places in europe, I do not exaggerate, you can look at my other reviews I am honest about all the places I have stayed. I expect what I pay for and I am a reasonable person, this apartment was horrible. We did try to negotiate, change rooms, reason with the man nothing worked he just kept saying "nothing can be done." We left and did not pay anything! Thank goodnes for credit cards that protect you! Do not hesitate to contact me for any questions, seriously. I should have written this sooner. Possibly the owner of Mazzei vineyard would have done something or helped, we just wanted to escape and not look back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank sowwendy
Reviewed October 18, 2011

First off, let me say that Fonterutoli was a must for us as a destination in Chianti wine country. We have enjoyed the Mazzei wines for years and felt it a perfect place to call home for three nights during our stay in Tuscany. We rented the "Loggia" room which is very well appointed and private on the second floor of the villa. The balcony views are impressive and the West facing room gave us the most amazing sunsets, night after night! Above all, we were treated to a complimentary visit of the winery and cellars as well as a tasting - WOW!

On the negative side, you are hosted by wine people... that said, they still need a bit of polish on the "hospitality side" of the business, no one is there for you after 8pm, when the tasting room closes and there aren't any phones in the room either... You're pretty much on your own! We were tantalized by a bottle of wine put at our disposal in the room, but no bottle opener to be found anywhere!!! One morning while having breakfast, the manager was bitting a customers arm off about an incident with an in-room coffee machine... "The client is always right" attitude should have been taken... but as I said, these are wine people doing their best to accomodate tourists - I don't hold it against them, but there is room for improvement!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are wonderful, the location is perfect for exploring Tuscany, but the Loggia is probably the most luxurious with it's wonderful bath!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Fonterutoli is a small old village, they live in about 50 people, you even have a small church still open.

Rooms are in one of the old House, large rooms, with nice old furniture, very well decorated in tuscany style. Bathroom definetely need refurbishment or at least to be kept better.

From the rooms amazing views of chiantishire. And you reach the small swimming pool (belonging to the main Villa), from which you can enjoy the sunset right on top a Hill.

In the morning you can get a fantastic breakfast in the Fonterutoli osteria, with home baked cakes.

If you want you can get Fonterutoli wine and olive oil, not cheap but extremely good.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francesca A
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Thanks Dott.Mazzei for a top weekend in this top location: Castello di Fonterutoli. Top appartments, top quality and excellent treatment.

Food and WINE was fabolous, service gentle and organization for the biking tour was outstanding . Excellent weekend to be repeated soon.

Thanks again