“Tasty gelato but I've had better!”
Review of Antica Delizia - CLOSED

Antica Delizia
Reviewed April 20, 2012

During our visit to the Chianti vineyards, we stopped at a little village and our guide told us not to miss this ice cream shop that is Tuscany's best. There's a beautiful ice cream display with interesting flavors and pops and I tasted the fig with ricotta and the vanilla flavors. Although I enjoyed my ice cream, I wasn't blown away. I had a better ice cream at another world famous Gelateria di Piazza in San Gimignano that featured more exquisite flavors such as the vinsanto and raspberry with rosemary. The gelato here is good but not wow!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We loved it. our group of six sampled many flavors and found them all to be outstanding. I really enjoyed their own Antica Delizia flavor. I look forward to returning. FYI - no public restroom.

2  Thank lynette_cypress
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Went three times in one week. Drove 20 mins each time just to get there. The ice cream was delicious. Apart from the standard choices they made different variety every other day (raspberry and rosemary for example). The staff were friendly and helpful and the cost compared to Gelateria in other parts of Italy was very reasonable. Personally this was our favourite Gelateria of our two week holiday.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

After extensive research we used to think that Antica Delizia was the best icecream parlor in Italy. This year we found - like other customers - that they somehow changed their formula. The icecream is still good, but no longer outstanding. In earlier years we used to drive an extra hour just to get some icecream there. There is no reason to do this anymore. And: they raised their prices as well.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

My kids and I love this place. I fancy myself as a bit of a gelato expert, and the icecream here was the best. But I've just been again (I've been coming here many years) and something's wrong. Prices have rocketed and there's no doubt about it in my mind, they are using cheaper ingredients. Less creamy, less aromatic, less fruity. Still pretty good, but not worthy of its own previously high standards. What a shame...

1  Thank LouisaG