Stayed for a week at the beginning of October. Comfortable sea view room with lovely view of Vesuvius. Housekeeping very good. All staff we met were helpful and courteous. Breakfast was good, especially the fruit salad and local bread. We had one evening meal which was expensive and unimaginative. View from the restaurant across the bay is beautiful. Swimming pool is large enough for lengths and, like the spa seemed little used, which we appreciated. The beach was officially closed but we did use and enjoy it one day. Sunloungers are not necessary!
We visited specifically to go to Pompeii, Herculaneum, up Vesuvius and along the Amalfi coast, which we did and enjoyed. We also visited one of the huge Roman villas at the back of Castellamare. This was interesting and little visited - the hotel could run trips as access by public transport was very difficult.The hotel is isolated but mercifully quiet and we were very glad not to be in Sorrento, an uninteresting town overcrowded with tourists. We chose not to have a car as we researched the train and bus services and knew they would work well for our trips, and the local roads and drivers are challenging. We arrived on the very efficient airport shuttle which, for 8 euros, drops you outside the hotel. However the building was designed with no thought for those arriving by public transport. You have to cross a busy road and trail with your luggage a long way through an underground car park to reception. Crowne Plaza should create pedestrian access from the road (also useful for guests taking coach trips), which could be done via the terrace above the swimming pool. We then had to access local transport for our visits. The hotel shuttle bus was good and efficient but far too infrequent and there were long periods in the day with no shuttle or public bus. I know this is an American hotel in Italy and both nations are committed to wrecking the environment by overuse of cars, but surely an imaginative management could make a small contribution to counter this by organising an adequate shuttle bus timetable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, located between the magnificent Gulf of Naples and the famous rocks of the Sorrento Peninsula, is a modern four star hotel born from the reconversion of an old cement factory. Its strategic location places the hotel in the center of the most enchanting touristic itineraries of the Campania region, due to its proximity to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Pompei and Herculaneum. This hotel, opened in 2004, takes its name from the two modern towers that rise over the sea, and welcome all the guests coming every day to visit the Sorrento Peninsula. Today, the Towers Hotel is a unique destination to meet the needs of those who travel for business or pleasure, as well as the perfect location to host meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Stabiae
- Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast Italy/Castellammare Di Stabia, Province Of Naples