I'm a platinum member of the ihg club so when looking where to stay, the crowne plaza near Sorrento appeared to the top choice. This is a beautiful hotel, great views of Naples and Vasuvious and absolutely peaceful and tranquil. The service did not blow us away, it was ok, but we found that the service across Italy is not the same as you would find in the UK or America. They have a different way of doing things so I don't think it was necessarily bad service, but simply a different culture. I also found out the hotel closes in a few weeks so no doubt the staff are at the end of their seasonal contracts.
The girl with the dark hair was very bubbly and went above and beyond for staff. The waiter at the bar was great too. We found across Italy though that staff are not that engaging with tourists/customers. They will quite happily walk over to their colleagues and have a 15 minute chat before coming to serve you, or walk away as soon as they have answered your question, whether or not you had other questions. Therefore I would strongly urge anyone put off by the reviews of the service for this hotel to reconsider going elsewhere as this is typical to the environment and you wont find any better elsewhere.
We took the bus from airport to the hotel. It cost 8euros and picked up outside terminal 2 at naples airport. The bus took us all the way to the hotel, although we had to run across a very busy road and took us up to 15 minutes everytime we crossed this road. The bus was a great service and we got it again to go downtown into Sorrento again a day later.
On arrival, we were told we had been upgraded to a suite, which was beautiful. The room was large, had a massive bathroom with a bath which could have fit several people in. A large terrace/balcony attached to our room looked out onto the sea. Absolute bliss. It was nice to be recongised for my frequent use of the brand, which this hotel very much did.
The shuttle is a great service, its just a shame there wasn't more of it. If you miss the shuttle, it costs 15 euros to get to the local train station of Vico Esque. However I recommend going down to Stabia, its a couple of euros cheaper and faster. We walked down to stabia one day, which was quite easy and took about half an hour. However for evenings out or meals I recommend Vico... its a beautiful town. The best bit about the shuttle is that they have a pick up at 8pm and midnight from Sorrento train station. We used it every night and it was brilliant. One around 9/10pm would be good too as sometimes we didnt want to quite stay so late as midnight.
The restaurant is expensive and average food, but is ok and I'd say only go there if you are tired and don't want to leave the hotel. We went for lunch and dinner on the first day. Its very easy to get to other restaurants near by so I strongly urge you to go out elsewhere.
From this hotel is very easy to get to naples, pompei, herculaneum and sorrento by train. The trains run regularly, one every 20 minutes each way and easy to use.
Breakfast was 20euros per person per day, which is quite expensive, but once again we find this very typical across italy. It would have been good if the bar sold some snack food like pastries, just so those who didnt want to go for the full breakfast could buy a snack at the bar, as there is little else around and we went hungry until lunch time on most days.
Overall this is a brilliant hotel, beautiful property, comfortable, clean, great amenities and easy to get to other places around the area. My suggestions and criticism are minor, as we had genuinely a brilliant time. I'd definitely come and stay again and we had a wonderful time so thank you to the Crowne Plaza!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, located between the magnificent Gulf of Naples and the famous rocks of the Sorrento Peninsula, is a modern four star hotel born from the reconversion of an old cement factory. Its strategic location places the hotel in the center of the most enchanting touristic itineraries of the Campania region, due to its proximity to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Pompei and Herculaneum. This hotel, opened in 2004, takes its name from the two modern towers that rise over the sea, and welcome all the guests coming every day to visit the Sorrento Peninsula. Today, the Towers Hotel is a unique destination to meet the needs of those who travel for business or pleasure, as well as the perfect location to host meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Stabiae
- Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast Italy/Castellammare Di Stabia, Province Of Naples