I can say without contradiction that as a driver I cordially detest the roads to and from Sorrento. After a nerve crunching drive, I suddenly saw this hotel from a distance standing like a fortress by the sea. Getting in is extraordinary as you have to turn what look like the wrong way to get in and access is via a tunnel under the road on which you have arrived. You feel like it is a fortress - think Alcatraz) as well with a vast "Cancello" (metal gate) which looks as though you were entering a nuclear bunker! Indeed the car parks reinforce that feeling. park first as there is little manoeuvre room at the reception. Once inside for almost the first time in a Crowne Plaza in Italy I was actually welcomed with the word Welcome or Ben Venuto (the other was Casserta). I was given a beautiful room. It was a really a suite. There was a vestibule that led to the main room which was beautifully appointed, I had an enormous bed and there was a door that led to a very large balcony - arguably one of the largest that I have ever enjoyed. There were bottles of water and an excellent selection of tea and coffee (no milk curiously - this was corrected when I found the beverage lady in the corridor the next day). I was a little anxious about the level of noise in the room as it was quite near the road with the incessant traffic. I then found that no one door or window was properly shut and that when they were closed - noise was no longer an issue. The temperature controller worked well and I slept like a log. the only niggle was that the WiFi was not operating. I was promptly told that this was not the Hotel's fault but that of the Provider. I understand but I really am tired of hotels of his calibre not providing proper WiFi in each room that they run and administer. In this day and age routers are not that dead - so come along! I would also mention that the balcony was absolutely wonderful but unfortunately immediately overhead in the Towers pigeons are roosting with the rear end poking outward. The subsequent mess you can imagine on the balcony! It is also a health hazard and the hotel should have netting up - albeit high - to stop this. I did point this out to a chamber maid to her seeming indifference.
I would add that the people on the reception desk - I should say person as there was only one at a time - were very pleasant if rather run off their feet (it needed two) but they had good language skills and were most helpful, polite, and friendly. There was a big friendly dog who seemed to sleep a lot - I'm a dog lover and I warmed to the place even more. People are people and we most of us love animals - I'm pleased the the hotel does as well.
The bathroom was beautifully modern - the shower and bath were kidney shaped and everything was terribly modern - there was a huge overhead shower and a smaller one by the taps which resembled a huge Water Pic and which was most effective.. Again I was at a loss for a bath mat and suspected that whoever had prepared the room had done so in a hurry leaving certain things unfinished. Nevertheless the water was hot and everything that you needed other than this were present.
I had dinner in the restaurant and can confirm that it was delicious and given that there is nowhere else to go( unless you brave the traffic and the non existence of anywhere to park) not dear. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the very friendly staff in the restaurant..
The architecture here is amazing - the pool area (there is no beach really) is quite beautiful in a modernistic way. I understand that this used to be a factory - and I give Crowne Plaza two thumbs up for use of this building so imaginatively . I would love to go back when I have more time and enjoy more. Truthfully the drawback is its location as it is convenient to nowhere unless you have a car to go and explore but that said I have stayed in many Crowne Plaza hotels and it gives me pleasure to recommend to all this Crowne Plaza to all without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast, located between the magnificent Gulf of Naples and the famous rocks of the Sorrento Peninsula, is a modern four star hotel born from the reconversion of an old cement factory. Its strategic location places the hotel in the center of the most enchanting touristic itineraries of the Campania region, due to its proximity to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Pompei and Herculaneum. This hotel, opened in 2004, takes its name from the two modern towers that rise over the sea, and welcome all the guests coming every day to visit the Sorrento Peninsula. Today, the Towers Hotel is a unique destination to meet the needs of those who travel for business or pleasure, as well as the perfect location to host meetings and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Stabiae
- Towers Hotel Stabiae Sorrento Coast Italy/Castellammare Di Stabia, Province Of Naples