1,717 results
All reviews beautiful hotel an oasis amalfi coast beautiful grounds lemon and orange trees train station palm trees roman villas the hotel manager breakfast room top floor reception staff local area mount vesuvius surrounding area visit pompeii shuttle service
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. A little oddly placed, but after a nightmare drive through Naples, it was a great relief to finally arrive. I wasn’t aware there was a complimentary shuttle, this is good to know for future. The room was lovely, spacious and clean. Our only problem was ants around the loo and somehow a cockroach got into our bathroom too! We had a very good deal - 50% off and found some amazing restaurants nearby. One on particular in Gragnano that I would rank as the best Italian food I have ever experienced called Cucina 82.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2019

La Medusa Hotel is a spectacular property. It is absolutely stunning and sits on a beautiful spot with incredible views of Mt.Vesuvius. As drive up to the hotel, you know you’re in for something special. The staff at the front desk (in particular, Reda) were so helpful and full of recommendations for dining options, and ferry schedules to name a few. The pool and garden area are nothing short of beautiful, with the breakfast room providing views of it all. The breakfast was unbelievable with all of the typical options (fruit, breads and baked goods, cereals, meat and cheese AND fresh buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes to make the perfect caprese salad!!). We felt completely spoiled the entire time.

Unfortunately we did have one unexpectedly poor service encounter that did tarnish our stay at La Medusa. I had become quite ill and as a result, we needed to bring our dinner back to the hotel, as I was unable to stay at the (off property) restaurant. Lacking other options, my husband found a quiet seat in the gardens to finish his dinner, and was told in a very rude and abrupt manner that he was not permitted to eat food not purchased on property there.

The situation was not typical, and while I completely understand that it would be inappropriate to try to eat at a restaurant table or in a bar area where internal food was being sold, this was simply not the case. This was our ‘home’ whilst on holiday and we had no other options. The employee was overly focused on the ‘no external food’ policy and didn’t take the time to inquire as to what circumstances may have occurred prior to. The entire situation was handled very poorly by the employee and it did alter our impression of the hotel by the way my husband was treated. We did try to speak with the manager, but he was not available to discuss the issue with us. The message was to be passed along by front desk.

The hotel is truly a beautiful place to stay, and I do hope that they will communicate to their staff that sometimes situations occur that may require them to use ‘best judgement’ rather than causing a scene and embarrassing a guest when then are dealing with an unfortunate holiday incident. While I will not allow this one incident to take away from all of the great interactions we had, I can not ignore that it happened, and do hope that the message has been adequately received.

TIP: Take advantage of the hotel’s complimentary shuttle when you can. Otherwise, getting into town is a 10 Euro taxi ride, which is required to get to restaurants or the ferry, so this can add up quickly!

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed August 12, 2019

..and immersing in the sounds, smells, and sights of relaxing calm music throughout the gardens, the scent of orange and lemon grove and calm music within the whole garden. Wide choice of benches/chairs/sofas/hammocks, tables to sit down, relax and enjoy a drink from the bar which will be brought to your place wherever you sit. There is also a swimming pool and a spa. The hotel itself is magnificent, with clean, comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. Start of the day is magnificent with breakfast on the top floor terrace overlooking Gulf of Naples and Vesuvius... with an optional glass of wine. Evening meal can be entertained in the restaurant with a good choice of wines. Smaller meals are offered from the bar in the park throughout the day.
The hotel offers free shuttle to the town or train station at set times; otherwise there is a walk to the centre and seafront which may take about half an hr, and in the immediate vicinity there are no good pavements so walking on the road, although drivers have been considerate.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Great rooms, service and facilities. The grounds were absolutely stunning, an amazing back drop to your evening meal. The food was delicious and the staff were all so attentive and happy to help. Would love to go back!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2019

The staff at La Medusa was excellent. They were very helpful to me and my family in arranging excursions to the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. They were very receptive to my emails and inquiries I had. Being in a foreign country can be overwhelming but the staff at La Medusa made my visit a wonderful and stress free experience.

In addition, the hotel grounds are beautiful and clean. The breakfast options were great. Thank you La Medusa for making my stay exceptional!

Room tip: The front of the building have a better balcony view
Date of stay: July 2019