La Medusa is a beautiful hotel. We stayed for 5 nights and the environment, service and food could not be faulted. We originally thought we would eat out but the surrounding neighborhood leaves something to be desired, so we upgraded to half board and didn't regret it. Breakfast and dinner on the terrace was idyllic and the pool was warm with plenty of room for all. The room (309) had a balcony and overlooked Vesuvius. We visited Pompeii one day but decided to just enjoy the hotel for the rest of the time. Probably not best located if you want a base to explore the Sorrento peninsular, but if you are looking for a few days of luxury I cannot recommend it highly enough. There are also 2 roman villas within walking distance which are a must see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Superior four-star Hotel is a romantic villa "fin de siecle" made up of 49 rooms, whose restoration is constantly in balance between the respect for the past and the influence of contemporary style.A unique and authentic place made of beautiful old trees and surrounded by green surfaces, that admires the spectacular Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.On one hand, the common areas, characterized by an unmistakable style and a wonderful elegance, which completely respect the important classical style of the structure; on the other hand, the rooms, a continuous alternation of contemporary and classical Design.A Hotel, on its own, marked by a deeply individual style where the care for details, quality and hospitality represents the common denominator.The ceramics of Amalfi Coast hand-painted with an exclusive design, the antique furniture and tapestries characterize the lobby, the bar and the restaurant situated on the ground floor of the hotel; so quiet places, that make possible living in a private and protected dimension... Where each detail becomes a pleasure to be relished. The huge glass windows in Liberty Style divide the building from the secular park: an explosion of flowers and colours, a wide open-air sitting-room completely equipped with chaise-longue, easy-chairs and gazebos; an unforgettable atmosphere beyond every expectation.Around the park full of flowers, the outside Fitness Corner represents an opportunity to keep oneself fit in an uncontaminated and healthy environment; the wellness swimming-pool with geysers, the sun beds, the large solarium represent an occasion of certain and pleasant relax. From here just a step to get to the Pool Bar for an aperitif, and another for sipping a vintage wine at the outside restaurant Il Gazebo & Le Terrazze in the middle of the citrus grove.Here the Chef suggests a refined, precious Mediterranean and International cuisine, a perfect balance among tastes, smells and colours.Excellent services like a Mercedes shuttle bus to the city centre or the close beaches, the free parking, the opportunity to rent a yacht or book private excursions and much more... Will make your stay unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Medusa Hotel & BoutiqueSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Castellammare Di Stabia
- La Medusa Hotel & BoutiqueSpa Italy/Castellammare Di Stabia, Province Of Naples