“Worth Trying Out”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2018

We were three couples touring the Campania region after a stint in Toscana. Passing by this restaurant, first impression was to pass on as the place was empty, but on trying it out the result was very good. We ate there on three occasions both because of the good food and also because of the super hospitality where one really feels at home with friends. On one occasion one of us asked for a plate of fish he had enjoyed so much the time before but this time was not available. Next day the owner did his best touring all the suppliers to satisfy this request for the possibility that we might return that evening. Much to the dismay of Federico we did so - but two days later when the fish were once again not available any longer.

Price and speed of service is good. The least I liked was the decor that might put you off. Whereas it has an air of retro, it looks somewhat shabby. Otherwise the place is clean and comfortable enough. I recommend this place without second thoughts especially to our friends from Malta where good eateries are a must as part of our culture in the fulfillment of life.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

We found this delightful restaurant purely by chance. We ate there and the service was so good and the food delicious. Federico is a great host and made us feel welcome. It was so good we went there again on two other occasions. The chef/owner actually invited us into his kitchen to choose our steaks. Gli amici di Malta.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I've been at Bistrot 2 evenings in a row and i cannot find words to describe how happy i am with the exquisite food, 6 star out of 5 service. All people here are extremely friendly, generous and the food they serve is from heaven! I would come to CMare di Stabia only for this restaurant :)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We dined here last night and it was the most beautiful looking and tasting food I’ve had here since being in Italy.
My teens had octopus, which was very tender. But it was described as a salad so I did expect some leaves or tomatoes, but there were none, just octopus.
That didn’t detract on how tasty it was.
My hubby and I both had sea bream for mains and the kids had ravioli. Both dishes were absolutely gorgeous.
The fish was cooked beautifully.
The portions aren’t big and my eldest complained of hunger within the hour. I was full though, but do have a smaller appetite.
My only other criticism would be that the meals didn’t arrive together. It was about 10 minutes between the ravioli and fish. It was not busy so could not see why this would be so hard to do. Perhaps it’s the Italian way!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We returned to this restaurant for a second time as it was so delicious and beautifully presented. My boyfriend had the Parma ham and melon and it was the best he had ever tasted. Their seafood pasta dishes were both extremely well flavoured and beautifully presented. Highly recommend! The interior is lovely too

Date of visit: June 2018