It was a pure delight to come back to Le Macinaie. My first visit to this hotel was 3 years ago and I wasn't disappointed. Who couldn't love this place in any season!! I love the fall / autumn (doesn't matter where you come from) ... it will be your home away from home too.
The staff are friendly and always willing to assist when you have a query. Thank you Francesco and Enrico for being the people you are and making our holidays a dream to remember - always. You welcomed us into your hearts and vice versa. It was like visiting our family again (although not related by blood but certainly by friendship).
Francesco arranged our requested itinerary to Pienza, Orvieto and Cortona. Our driver Marco and guide Elisabetta were excellent.
Our first time here we did the pasta making course ... loads of fun. It was the first time to try tagliatelle cake ... oh we had died and gone to heaven. Never in all my travels have I heard of this cake. Took me 3 years to try it again ... d e v i n e.
The food here is plentiful and delicious. I had to say could we halve the portions as I stuggled to finish the food on the plate. Trust me you will not starve.
Ciao until another visit. Manuela Adelaide South Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1972, Le Macinaie Hotel has been an old chestnut mill, completely refurbished in 1999. The family managed hotel is located on Monte Amiata (at 1400 M a.s.l.), the unknown Tuscan Volcano, which was sacred to the Etruscan's. The hotel lies in a beautiful clearing, surrounded by Italy's largest beech wood, with a breathtaking view to the peak of the Volcano. It counts 17 comfortable and charming rooms including a free of charge WIFI connection and internet corner. After your daily hiking, biking, motorbiking or gourmet tour which Enrico & Francesco are able to suggest, customize and book, you can enjoy our tiny relaxing area which includes infra-red Sauna, Whirlpool, and Tanning booth.In the evening or for lunch our Restaurant, where Chef Giorgio & Claudia propose local, handmade & Tuscan dishes is famous for its mushroom soup and grilled edible boletus cap. In the morning our rich buffet breakfast is welcoming you and you will be ready for a new and unforgettable travel experience… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Macinaie Albergo Ristorante Hotel
- Hotel Le Macinaie - Monte Amiata Castel Del Piano, Italy - Tuscany