“Buonissimo!”

Da Ugo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a delicious dinner here. We'd been told there was no need to reserve since the season was over and so we turned up at 8 on a Friday night and luckily snagged the only available table in the place! Recommend booking on weekends to be sure you'll get a table. Shared the polenta with ragu for antipasto, took the chinghale with papperadelle for the first course, and had wild pigeon (a house specialty recommended by our very helpful server who also happened to be the owner's daughter) for my husband and veal with a vegetable sauce for me. Desert was a yummy apple tart. Most pastas and deserts are made in-house. Every course was wonderfully prepared, abundant and delicious! The service was attentive and gracious even though the restaurant was packed. The only other Americans were two young men who lived in Rome-- in other words, this restaurant caters to Italians, not tourists-- at least when we were there. Wine list is well priced with lots of the wines of Bolgheri featured. We enjoyed the Michele Satta rosso. Da Ugo is a family operation and the room was very pleasant with a good vibe. Lots of locals! Check our their Enoteca across the way-- great selection of wines by the glass and nice snacks to enjoy with the wine.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The staff and ambience were not what we had hoped for. The main course of jugged boar was excellent but otherwise the food was average

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Although it is still a very good restaurant and I would highly recommend it but at least on my last visit, my rabbit was not tender enough. My friend loved the chingale pasta with mushrooms. I practically tried all the dishes in 2006 and loved it but this year I was a bit disappointed.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Good traditional food, fresh pasta wonderful meat, lovely proprietor, not pretentious and not expensive – what else can you ask for

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice restaurant enjoyed the food, good value for the money not a lot of pasta dishes on the menu typically tuscan food.