1,764 results
All reviewsone nightclassic hotelindustrial zonecentral atriumstaff were pleasant and helpfulcourse mealswimming poolwedding partyglass roofhotel restaurantnaples airportstar hotelexcellent hotelset menujunior suitefive minutesrooms are nice
Reviewed February 17, 2007

I´ve returned yesterday from a short one-night trip to southern italy.
Arrived by plane in Naples. Take care on the way from the airport by car, the right direction is to motorway A3 RO (means Roma) - SA (means Salerno), the tangenziale direction centro is the wrong way.
The hotel is 10 to 15 minutes from the airport, use the Caserta sud exit from the A1 direction Roma, directly on the main road to Caserta centro.
First I was not impressed when I arrived, the location surrounded by a large industrial area and near the motorway. I thought about how to sleep well this night. But no problem, the hotel was good maintained for this sort of thing. My room, second level, facing the southwestern side, sunny and warm but also the motorway side has a soundproofed window and I slept very well, really more than I want for this short trip and my timetable.
It´s like a oasis, a water fountain in the garden area, a typical
historic grand hotel building, a impressive hotel lobby,
the staff friendly, no time to wait for check in when I arrived at
1 pm.
The room large and nice decorated, spotless clean, the bathroom without a bath-tub but with a special shower cabin for massage shower also, ok so far.
No noise from the rooms beneath.
Breakfast was buffet style in the building beneath, not that much details, but all what I need early in the morning.
Above average for a italian breakfast.
Booking was done through HRS, a german hotel-consolidator, 85.--EUROs B&B, also ok.
My main target for this trip was Pompeji, around 20 minutes by car, Caserta itself has its own attraction, the Reggia di Caserta,
my other target for saturday only minutes away.
The Vanvitelli is not the place for a pool vacation, but absolutely ok as a central hotel for sightseeing in the area.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FLIEGER67
Reviewed April 1, 2006

Ideally situated at the junction of the A1 and A30 autostradas - perfect for stopover between north and southern Italy or for those wishing to visit Naples without staying in the city. (Perfect also if you have hire car as I understand companies are not too happy about taking hire cars into Naples). Immediate area may not please everyone as this is an industrial/commercial area but the standards in the Vanvitelli more than make up for this! Room was large, newly decorated, spotlessly clean, underfloor heating/air conditioning dependant on time of year. Breakfast exceptionally good. Altogether, very good value for money. We notified hotel of our expected late arrival - this was not a problem, in fact we were given very clear instructions - via email - how to contact and access hotel as the security gates are obviously locked during the night. Very secure hotel. Will definately return and recommend to friends and family who will be making the same journey in the future.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank CostieraAmalfitana
Reviewed October 26, 2005

I' ve been four times during autumn 2004, everytime for a week or so for business.
The hotel is really beautiful, the lobby is splendid, front desk people very polite and quick in check-in and check-out, the rooms magnificent and pretty quiet in spite of the location of some right at the motorway.
We had often dinner at the roof garden restaurant and we were completely satisfied about the food, the quality/price rate and the politeness of waiters.
But what we found exceptional, one of the best ever tried, is the breakfast buffet with all kind of fresh pastry and all you can dream of in the morning.
The ambience is rich and pompous in its neoclassical style but warm, if you are looking of something simple, please choose another place.

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled on business
4  Thank maociu
Reviewed August 13, 2005

We stayed at the Vanvitelli for 3 nights in August 2005 & I must say it’s an absolutely brilliant hotel although the front of the hotel looks over the main A1 motorway it didn't detract what a great hotel this is. if you want a nice quite stay in a classy hotel then this is the one for you, it’s just full of class, from all the furniture in the hotel to the statues, waterfalls & swimming pool, although the breakfast was the normal run of the mill continental it was still very nice, the restaurant on the top floor was excellent & we had one of our best meals in Italy in the 2 weeks we were there, the staff were very friendly & helpful, this would be a great hotel for honeymooners who would like some great pictures & a classy hotel, by the way great little restaurant right next door to the hotel in the side road. agree with one of the other posts about the staff, when asked if there was a cash point near by we was told we have to drive into caserta, about a 10 min drive, needless to say we found one about 300 yards down the road!

Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank paulkalinowski
Reviewed July 4, 2005

We stayed here for 2 nights. While the hotel itself is quite lovely, it is in a horrible location, and the staff were not remotely friendly. When we arrived, we asked if there was a place to eat lunch in the near vicinity. The woman told us she knows nothing of the surroundings. We did walk out and found a tiny pizzeria around the corner about 2 minutes away on the hotel property and found it strange that the staff did not mention it. The pizzeria was extremely good and probably the cheapest meal we had on our entire trip.

The rooms were nice and clean, and the pool was really fantastic. The breakfast was average, and the maitre'd who greeted you made you feel that you should not be there as he would snap out "your room number" without any other greeting.

There is absolutely nothing near this location, other than auto and industrial machinery shops. We would definitely not stay here again because the staff were so cold, and because of the location.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business