“Beautiful royal apartments”

Ranked #3 of 85 things to do in Caserta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We loved the royal apartments, but to our great disappointment the gardens were closed. There was nothing about the gardens being closed on the website, which we did check before going there. Also, we had to queue for about half an hour - I think it could have been managed a little bit better.

There are newer reviews for Reggia di Caserta

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wanted to visit Reggia di Caserta for the garden, which did not disappoint. We hired bikes and rode up the hill which was hard going but well worth it. Sadly the Cascade was closed for restoration, but there was enough flow to get an idea of what it would look like in full spate. The apartments were exactly what you would exect Royal Apartments to be - marble and gilt. Not to my taste but I could see that in the candle light they would have been impressive and overawing for palace visitors. Some of the painted ceilings were just wonderful. I recommend good sturdy walking shoes and full sun protection - hat, shirt and lotion. Also take your own water (and plenty of it) as it is much cheaper.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm sorry but my experience in Royal Palace was not good. The place was debased and the ticket was too expensive for the prupose.

4  Thank Maurizio A
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A wonderful work of art and architecture spanning two centuries and a fascinating trip into the lives of the kings and queens of the Kingdom of Naples.
The gardens are to die for !A beautiful design of fountains and statues and pool culminating into the staircase and pool at the bottom of the breathtaking waterfall.
Hire a bike (within the Reggia) and enjoy it without effort!We missed the english gardens but word has it they are really worth a visit.

1  Thank c0mmuter
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went there for Valentine's Day and it was very special. I had no idea it was going to be this beautiful. Both the gardens and the apartments inside were a great surprise. I wish they would market this place better as it's not an obvious touristic location. Worth a visit!