All reviews within easy walking distance courtyard business centre restaurant june
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2018

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room quite adequate and both dinner and breakfast good. The reception and rooms are in a different part to the bar/breakfast room and the dining room is in another different place, across the courtyard. This is an old hotel which was grand in its time and is still perfectly fine.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We arrived after a hard day of cycling and wanted to get to our rooms for a shower etc, checking in was an ordeal and in the end after waiting for 20 mins for the duty manager to try to complete the checking in process it was suggested he photocopied our passports to continue the process once we had left. One room had no power to the power points - only 1 in the room worked which was not ideal, there was no liquid soap in the soap dispenser, there was only 1 towel in one of the bathrooms and when reception was rung requesting another towel we were told to come to reception to collect more if we wanted them! Breakfast was really disappointing - fresh fruit was very limited and the actual breakfast variety was very limited , the lady on duty was very unfriendly and not helpful at all. We have stayed in 4 star hotels previously and have had enjoyable stays but this hotel was a real disappointment.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

V old but comfortable hotel just on outskirts of centre
Friendly staff and nice breakfast
Very much a pit stop for us on bike tour
Didn’t try the restaurant
Town v sleepy as it was August and Italy seems to escape to the beach!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel was here in February and again just now and June is located very conveniently in town was able to walk to everywhere feel bad I rented a car because of the location a hotel we were able to eat and sightsee and handle business within easy walking distance.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2017

I wish there were a notch between GOOD and VERY GOOD because that is where my thoughts land. Candiani is definitely not average but I'm stuck with the rating system.

On the plus side. The front desk is very professional and helpful. Our room was immaculate, large, and the beds were some of the best we've had during our many trips to Piemont.

The devil is in the detail. We could not get our WiFi to connect and the front desk did everything in their power to work around what appears to be a system failure on their side. The following night in another place we had no problem.

My suggestion is for the hotel to have an IT service provider do a complete trouble shoot of their system and make sure their WiFi works. I'm retired but if I were still working and I could not have easy and reliable WiFi service it could mean serious consequences for my business.

The TV did not work and they quickly switched it out but only one of the two advertised English language channels worked. Again, it's a detail but it's important.

Turning to the positive, we had excellent parking facilities and we ate dinner in the restaurant associated with the hotel. The meal was excellent, the service was spot on, and the evening was about as pleasant as one could imagine: fire in the dining room fireplace, quality cuisine and good wines. Breakfast was superb. There was a nice array of local cheeses and the lady in charge was very cheerful and accommodating. She also makes superb coffee.

The setting for the hotel is lovely. You drive into the courtyard and it is calm and peaceful. There is a natural elegance to Candiani that is relaxing.

Not having WiFi put a damper on our stay. In today's wired world, not having internet is a bit like having a bathroom with no water. Frustrating and I am sure they will fix their problem. Whitebeard83

Date of stay: October 2017