“Good service, great food - a hotel with a good heart!”

Hotel Delta Florence
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Calenzano
UK
“Good service, great food - a hotel with a good heart!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights in this hotel as part of the AAMET conference. Although the facilities are quite basic, and the showers are a bit small, it is a very decent hotel. The food is extremely good and graciously served by courteous staff. Those of us who attended the conference were amazed by the range of wonderful food and wine served for lunch. There is a good selection for breakfast - but it is better to ask the obliging staff to make coffee rather than use the machine.

The hotel is not in Florence but the bus into the city stops right outside and costs only 2.40 Euros return!

Although the first impressions were not completely favourable, we all grew to love this slightly old-fashioned hotel, with its friendly and helpful staff - a hotel with a good heart!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Letchworthian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Absolutely horrible! Staff can not speak any English and Italian. Rooms very small and uncomfortable. Balcony door was broken. Balcony with view of courtyard ugly. Small bathroom that you can not turn around! The cleaner burning electric fork. At a breakfast given us only some tables. We could not sit where you want. On the second morning I did not eat there. Well we had was just two nights. Highly not recommended

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Likia P

Travelers are raving about these Calenzano hotels

Ponce, Puerto Rico
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Dirty rooms, dirty bathrooms, the beds smelled like dust, the carpet was filthy, the television remote did not work. Thank God I only stayed one night in that horrible hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rleon1992
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed in.

SERVICE; We were travelling through Florence and we needed a place to stay. It was getting late, so we saw the hotel and the 4 star rating on the sign outside and decided to stay there. I went in to enquire about the price and the man at the reception said the price ws 90 euros for one night. We took the room. There was another employee behind the desk too, so after I checked in I asked the woman employee how much does it cost to use the computer in the lobby. She said 2 euro for 20 minutes, at that time the man employee told her in italian not to charge me for the internet, and then she said that I need to leave her my ID or Passport as a deposit in order to use the internet. So I went back to my room and returned to the reception desk to ask to use the computer. The woman employee said it costs 2 euros, and I said that I heard the man employee tell her not to charge me for the internet. She pretended not to understand. I had to repeat myself several time. Then she tried to say that I misunderstood and that I was mistaken. I told her again that the man employee told her (right in front of me) not to charge me for the internet, She didnt know I understand Italian and I understood everything they said. I asked her what the man had told her then about charging for the internet and she looked dumbfouned. She kept insisting that I need to pay, even though clearly the other employee instructed her that I could use the internet for free. Since I really needed the internet, I paid the 2 euros. She gave me a card,similar to a phone card, with a pin number to scratch off in order to log on to the computer. After a few minutes, the computer froze and stopped working. I went back to the front desk to inform them, and the woman employee was very rude and said she couldnt do anyhing about that, and I cant get a refund for my card. After telling her that I want my money back, since I paid for 20 minutes, I should get my 20 minutes. If not, then Its not fair to pay. She reluctantly returned my money after arguing a few minutes. What did she expect? a 2 euro donation for her to keep? anyway, the i left and went back to the room.

ROOM; The room had mustard colored upholstry straight from the 1970s. The room STUNK like urine and musty wet carpet. It also had a strong cigarette odor. It was nasty. The bathroom was dirty. There were cobwebs in the window. Very disgusting. The matresses on the beds were springy and OLD, I would guess they were probably using the same matresses from the 1970s. The room had no peephole to see to the corridor. This hotel made me feel like I took a step back in time to the 1960s-1970s.

FOOD: Poor selection of dried pastries, fruits with flys circling around them, tasteless cereal and lots of bread. Bad selection. Crowded and noisy dining room.

When I went to check out the next morning, the same rude employee woman from the previous night was at the reception desk. She told me that she went to check the computer after I left last night, and that I used the computer for 10 minute and therefore I I owe her 1euro because I used 10 minutes of the internet. I told her that the internet stopeed working after a few minutes, definately NOT 10 minutes. Then she said that if I dont pay her that the cost would come out of her pocket. I told her I wanted proof that I used it that long. She did not have any proof and diverted the conversation saying that I owe her 1 euro. I asked her is she was the manager. She said no, then I asked to speak to the manager to resolve this. She was SO RUDE, ABRUPT, and AWFUL. She claimed the manager wasnt there, so I asked what the name of her manager is so that I can call and speak to him or her later about this. She refused to tell me the name of the manager ( I didnt get her name either, she had brown frizzy hair and looked in her 40s or 50s). Then she started saying that its an outside company that provides the internet service, not the hotel (denying responsibility), I asked what was the name of the company, and she ignored my question and said that she doesnt know and that someone from Florence comes and drops off those pin cards for the internet. Funny how she doesnt know anything. I told her then she should tell them to fix the computer and not try to rip tourists off by taking thier money for a service that they dont provde. Makes sense, doesnt it? The she said that she is "superior" and kept saying that she is "superior", whatever the hell thats supposed to mean. And that she was done talking about it, then she said fine that the hotel wlll lose the 1 euro, and thats it. Such terrible service. Aruging over 1 measly euro. Trying to scam me out of my money AFTER the other man employee told her not to charge me anyhing to use the internet. Guess she was pist she couldnt get any money from me. Plus she didnt give me a receipt for the phone card when I paid for it. Shady.

I was very displeased with this hotel and the service of that woman at the front desk. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Not the best location. In the lobby there was a dico and everywhere it smelled like tobacco, even in the halls up stairs where the rooms where. It was full of people, indian, chinnese, etc. The internet was very expensive 7 euros for 1 hour.. what a scam. The food the tortellini where nasty and the fish tasteless. Only the french fries where good, and dont get me started with the dessert. Breakfast was caos.. the chinesse pushing, yelling etc. The place of breakfast was very little there was almost no space and it was a poor selection of things to eat.
The room was big and spacy, it had a Tv, sofa, 3 beds, but the smell to humidity was horrable. It felt like the room was not opened in several weeks. Everything very expensive. Thanks God i only stayed 1 night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
milano
Reviewed January 24, 2009

we stayed one night in the hotel . the location is really lousy the lobby the meeting rooms the restaurant the disco where ok the reception and the service average the price reasonable.
The room we had was ok but we had to change twice as the first one was heavily smelling tobacco and the second one was small and dirty. The lift was not working properly.
the worst part was the food. the evening dinner was really very bad due to the poor quality of the pasta and the meat. as far as the breakfast it was so deceiving... the coffee was black ink the juices where colored water the bread was coming from fridge not even nutella was the original one and was bad...
in conclusion service ok but the management is trying to save on food and maintenance... not a good strategy....

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank MilanoSwimmer
turkey
Reviewed January 3, 2008

We stayed here over New Year 2007/08 as part of a package tour. We were thoroughly disappointed with this hotel in terms of its standards of cleanliness, service and location.
the hotel is a 30-40 euro taxi ride form Florence city itself or a 90 minute bus ride!
The rooms are very drab and smelly. Ours even came with its own cockroaches!
The staff rarely smiled and seemed rather put out when asked for or about something.
Our group was 50 people and all felt the same!
We feel our stay here has left us with a sour taste of Florence!

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Dirty rooms - everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank kiwisix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calenzano
Hotel First
#2 of 8 in Calenzano
Ibis Firenze Prato Est
Ibis Firenze Prato Est
#1 of 10 in Campi Bisenzio

Been to Hotel Delta Florence? Share your experiences!