“Free with Brixen card”
Review of Acquarena

Acquarena
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We went there as we had been given free Brixen cards which allowed up to 2.5 - 3 h in Acquarena every day. But I have to say that I expected more... I loved Bressanone, and just think that this water complex is not a No1 attraction in this charming mountain town. Inside there are only 3 pools, one of them for children, and just one slide. Outside not much more. As we visited on very hot summer days we did not check out the saunas. Maybe this place should be more for saunas and good in winter time. Do not expect a large water park with wave pools, tube slides, etc. Also the water feels not so good for skin, I had some irritation after bathing there. But still, if you are there, and you had a good day walking/skiing in the mountains, and you have Brixen card, why not?

All reviews
"skiing"
"mountains"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 4, 2012

for me this is one of the best place where to enjoy sauna, steam bath or jacuzzi, inside and outside.
be ready to try the nord european way as they do not wear anything but a towel but you will
find a very well organized, clean and plenty of relax spaces. I wish I was there again soon.

1  Thank traveller137
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have visited it for free as we had Brixen card as tourists. Very good aqua complex: big swimming pool, outdoor pool with thermal water, whirlpool, waterslides and kids pool. There was second area with outdoor pool, outdoor kids play area and waterslides, but it was closed in May.

1  Thank Svetlana P
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Bressanone or Brixen for the Austrians was a charming place. It reminded me of being back in Germany or Austria. It was part of Austria prior to WWI so there is very much a tirol influence. We wandered the old town and ate in a wonderful cafe with both Italian and German food. We only spent the afternoon there but it is known for great sauna's and would be worth returning.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 14, 2012

A huge qty of saunas to choose from, aufguss every hour or so, professional & well trained staff. The external spa is really enjoyable, expecially in the cold season.
If you're a sauna lover, you definitely have to visit this place. Keep in mind that during the weekend can be a little bit crowded, expecially during holiday times.