See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2017

The owner spoke only German and Italian, but we made ourselves understood. She was a delight and scurried to address every need.

The place is small, spotless, spare and comfortable. The great surprise is that it harbors a warm, intimate, comfortable restaurant attended by her husband. He speaks wonderful English. The food was superb (his recommendations).

The only complaint I would lodge is that there is a bit of late night street noise. All in all, a bargain and a find.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Thank carl t. h
Ralf H, Inhaber at Hotel Orso Grigio, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Carl,
thank you very much for the great rating. And we are sorry, that you had little problems with the street noise. Our hotel lies at the beginning of the pedestrian area - so normally there is no noise.
Very best, Werner, Waltraud & Ralf

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Very poor experience. No internet in room, short time light where internet located, no english television on satellite stations, only shrug shoulders station, small scratchy orange towels, dull tired cramped room, expensive, some staff abrupt/rude and unhelpful.
Duvets covers were lovely and there were good coat hangers.
Breakfast good but did not include what was advertised, and breakfast is usually a buffet in this price range.

Room tip: avoid all of them
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1timbuktu
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

The place is awesome, very nice and cosy rooms, hospitable and friendly owners and staff. The cucine is very delisious, have local specialties. Good price and wonderful quality. Highly recommended. The city is very charmy, worth to visit.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Dani P
Ralf H, Inhaber at Hotel Orso Grigio, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Thank you very much for the great rating! Hope to see you soon. Very best, the bears ;)

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

The town of Brixen is magical and the location of this motel is ideal. You can just walk out on the cobblestone roads and be transported into the 1800's. There are pigeons, bikers, walkers, church bells all adding to the magical ambiance.
Breakfast was fun with a basket of a variety of breads, meats, cheese, cakes, spreads. I made a breakfast sandwich which was delightful. I am sure that the owners work very hard from morning until night.
My few issues are that the "front desk" is a bar that sells alcohol. When we were checking in the owner took all 5 of our passports which is unusual. We have crossed several boarders on our trip and no one has asked to see our passports. Then the owner asked us to take our luggage to our rooms while she kept the passports for processing. I wasn't comfortable with letting our passports out of my sight so I chose to stay there while the rest of my family went to the rooms. Both the husband and wife owners were put out at me for not leaving. The husband said that they haven't lost a passport in 50 years.
I wasn't worried that they would lose them, I just felt it wasn't a good idea to hand my passports to a bartender and leave.
I also got in trouble the next morning because I had left for a walk and when I came back was trying to lock the front door to the motel and he told me to stop locking it in a gruff voice. The rooms also smelled of cigarette smoke. Hospitality is a tough business. It may be time for this hard working couple to retire and go on vacation themselves.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank korinne n
Reviewed November 22, 2016

Many friends, relatives, colleagues enjoyed stayin' at the "Grey Bear" since it's very typical alpin style hotel, because of cleanliness, great food, perfect location and very good overall services. My experience is mostly related to the restaurant since I live in the city and does not need the hotel services in first person, but apart being a loyal customer of the wonderful restaurant, I really have more than ten years of enthusiastic feedbacks from everyone I've sent there...

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Ralf H, Inhaber at Hotel Orso Grigio, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Thank you "acolombi" for the great rating! Hope to see you soon! Very best, the grey bears ;)