“A great stay in a great city.”
Review of Hotel Ambasciatori

Hotel Ambasciatori
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Brescia
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I were taking a few extra personal days following a business conference in Turin to tour northern Italy. We had not initially planned to be in Breschia but it worked looked like a convenient place to stop on our way to other places. We could not have been more pleasantly surprised.
The Hotel Ambasciatori made us feel at home. It is a modern and immaculate building with free parking, an above average breakfast buffet, and free internet connection in the rooms. Although it has over 60 rooms the operation is run by owners and their friendly and helpful welcome an enthusiasm for their city was contagious. They had tickets (at half the gate prices) to all the local attractions including the Castle which dominates the city, its museums, art galleries and impressive Roman archeological sites. They even had local bus tickets available. The great thing about the Breschia area for us was the lack of crowds and souvenir shops on every corner. We felt like we were seeing the real Italy and we loved it. Just a few miles out of town are the foothills of the Alps with all that offers. We spent a lovely afternoon at Lake Iseo and took a ferry ride to the island of Monte Isao, a refuge where cars are not allowed. What a gem. It will make you forget the crowds and commercialism of Lake Como. Brescia is a refreshing stop, and we would highly recommend the Hotel Ambasciatori as your home away from home while you are there.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank delHighland_Utah

Reviewed October 10, 2010

Hotel was very clean but had very small rooms and pretty noisy location. Staff was very friendly and helpful to American tourists. Good European breakfast. Rooms stuffy without window open, but then lots of street noise including annoying police cars at all hours of night. Shower in bathroom smaller than the bathroom closet in my house.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Stayed here while working for an Italian based company in the area for a week and although I didn't have to pay, it seemed they didn't get their money's worth for a 4 star hotel. Food was good, wine was great, and as usual in Europe the beer was not cold enough and they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for ice like it was some sort of luxury item. I would rate it below a Hampton Inn in the USA for it's lack of luster and plain decorated rooms. I did have them do some laundry while I was there and they managed to get that right although they really messed up a friends clothes. Overall it was a nice experience but the Hotel staff was a little stand off-ish is the best way I can describe them, maybe it is just the Italian way but I didn't get that from rest of the locals.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank TheTater
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights so we could watch all the events for the Mille Miglia. So, for the positives the hotel is very well maintained, spotlessly clean and staff all very helpful and friendly. It also has reasonable parking facilities.

We booked a larger room which I guess for a city centre hotel was reasonably sizeable - the bathroom was excellent. I think the main problem is the hotel is neither a beautiful old classical Italian place or modern so whilst it served its purpose for us there wasn't any particular wow factor or improved comfort. The room was pretty basic and lacking any mod cons. In particular, the room was absolutely airless with no air conditioning - we were lucky the weather wasn't any hotter and can imagine in the summer it would be quite uncomfortable. We were on the first floor and it was just too noisy outside to leave the windows open all night.

The hotel makes quite a lot of its restaurant facilities but we tried it one night and were the only ones there - and the meal was very average with my husband having to send his back (something he never does!) and if you are there at the weekend it doesn't even open. Again, all this would be fine but it is a good 15 minute walk back into Brescia to find somewhere else (there is a Sushi place around the back of the hotel).

I guess all in all we couldn't really see why the hotel has 4 stars - more like an excellent 2 or good 3 star. It served its purpose for us but if we return to Brescia we would probably stay somewhere closer to the centre for convenience or further out for some additional facilities. I think it is probably good for a night or 2 if you are there on business but perhaps not so much for tourists.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happytrip8
HambBrescia, Direttore at Hotel Ambasciatori, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

Dear Sirs,

We would like to express our sincerest thanks for the observations you wrote on TripAdvisor regarding services at our hotel.

Anyway we would like to let you know that we do have air conditioning in each room, but as the temperatures were cool enough (as you wrote in your comment), it was turned off.

We apologize if the quality of our food wasn’t of your liking. For what concerning the evening you had dinner at our restaurant, there was few people because almost all our guests where at the Mille Miglia’s gala dinner.

Concerning your perception of our hotel category, we think your opinion is quite strict since we are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer.

Concluding, we would like to thank you again, confirming that comments from our guests are always welcome and we want to assure you that we will make good use of your observations.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 17, 2008

When I've to stay in Brescia for work, this hotel is my first choice. It's well positioned, just near the historic center of the city. The services are above average, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and big enough to enjoy your stay. Another mention goes to the fantastic breakfast: a lot of different things, fresh and very tasty.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 8, 2006

My husband and I spent 5 days at this hotel and I must confess that the impression left is more than expected in the positive way of speaking.
The personnel of the hotel is very pleasant, highly professional, helpful and polite. We needed a lot of info regarding how to travel by train to Milan and Venice, and they were very helpful.
The hotel is very quiet and peaceful, with a romantic atmosphere, perfectly for a newly wed couple.
We had a room at the 4th floor and it was nice, clean and tidy. No comments about the hotel services, all were exactly as are supposed to be. The room was cleaned on daily basis, with sheets and towels changing. No TV channels challenges.
The breakfast was ok in its variety. I enjoyed a lot the croissants.
Brescia is a very beautiful city and the hotel perfectly fits with the holiday atmosphere, with the cosy streets and pleasant people. History is discovered with every step in this city, quite fascinating.
We liked the staying a lot and our only regrets were that we did not have the chance to visit the castle nearby (it is closed on Mondays) and we had not enough time to visit more the rest of city.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Gabbysugarlips
Reviewed April 17, 2006

I traveled to Brescia for work and my husband was able to go with me. My work connections made the hotel arrangements and we were very pleased overall with the hotel. From the outside, it does not look particularly charming or inviting, but the inside is very cozy and clean. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the historic center of town (through a well-lighted and safe tunnel) and there is a convenient bus (Line 1) which has a stop directly in front of the hotel that will take you to the shops, restaurants and sights in 5 minutes. The hotel always had an English-speaking staff person at the front counter and they were always very helpful and friendly. The breakfast selection is fairly large and everything was fresh and tasty (fruits, cheeses, pastries, cereal, breads, juices, coffee/tea, preserved meats, etc.). The only complaint we have is that our room would get too warm during the night (it was a slightly chilly March). They were very willing to help us resolve the problem, but we weren't staying for many more nights and just decided to sleep with the window slightly open. Our double room was pretty spacious for a European hotel and the bathroom was large even by American standards, and was very clean and seemed to have been recently renovated. The room was quiet even though there was a fairly busy thoroughfare behind the hotel. The neighborhood immediately around the hotel felt very safe and clean--there were shops, restaurants, gelaterias and a food market.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business