“esperienza positiva”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Bormio
Vicenza, Italy
“esperienza positiva”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Absolutely loved our time at this hotel. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the room and breakfast were the best we had experienced in our 3 weeks trip. We were really treated as valued guests and offered help with trip advice which we took. We intend staying here again!

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet, balcony room with mountain views were our preference.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This place knows how to look after you
Very welcoming on arrival
Catered for us cyclists extremely well
Lockup garage with wall mounts for our bikes
They had numerous staff carrying our bags up many flights when our large party arrived
There is only one lift but it is a smallish hotel
Restuarants great with good local wine list
Staff all friendly and obliging
I will always stay here when in bormio
Great location for skiing

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent at the hotel baita dei pini two nights.
Great location.
Great hotel.
Great service.
We were booked in half board and it hasn't been a mistake. Cuisine is excellent and restaurant staff very kind and polite.
All personnel has been very helpful and excellent in giving Infos and in making our stay a fantastic one.
I am going back for sure!

• Stayed April 2013
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

LITTLE GEM OF A HOTEL... my stepdaughter and I have just returned from a weeks skiing at this hotel.... what a great place ... close to everything ... very clean and friendly and real good service .. staff could not do enough for you... the food was excellent and the rooms cosy and clean with thought to detail... would stay there again..... just sorry that due to an early departure 4am we sleepy heads forgot to leave the room maids a tip... as they really were good .

Room Tip: All seemed to be ok ours was great.. warm cosy and very clean
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My Favorite Hotel!!!

Having traveled and spent time in Northern Italy three summers in a row, I have stayed at numerous hotels. However, Baita dei Pini is my favorite hotel in Italy! I have stayed here for three different periods at a time so this is not just a singular experience. I have come here with friends, family, and also by myself. Each time was unique, yet the same warm welcome.

This is a family run hotel and all the staff are so friendly and courteous! Last year I traveled with my bike but it was misplaced at the airport. Nicola personally lent me one of his and took me trekking so I would not be bored!!! Amazing!!!

I felt so much like family during my stays in Bormio and I have many good memories from my stays at Baita dei Pini!

The staff is completely there to help you have a pleasant stay. If you need directions, reservations to a restaurant, etc. someone at the front desk is always available to help.

The only downside I can think of is that there is a bar across the street so the noise from the parties can become very loud on Friday and Saturday nights. I try to plan my stays from Sunday check-in to Friday checkout so the noise has been a non-issue the past two years.

The location of the hotel is excellent! It is close to shopping, market, restaurants, etc. For cycling, the location is close to Gavia, Stelvio, and Mortirolo as well as other climbs like Bormio 2000!

Room Tip: I have stayed in numerous rooms. The single rooms are literally a single room--tidy with a twin-size...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed March 11, 2013

we always look forward to our stays in Bormio with Hotel Baita dei Pini. The family atmosphere when staying here makes us feel comfortable and relaxed. And dinners are always varied and delicious with excellent wine selections too. Each time we leave and say good bye to our friends Nicola and Federica, we look forward to our next visit with much happiness.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Parma, Italy
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited Bormio for a week of skiing this February and stayed at the Baita based on a suggestion from a friend. It was absolutely the right choice. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are exceptionally clean. I had a half board plan and each meal was excellent, well prepared, often using local foods like bresaola or cheeses from Valtellina. I had the opportunity to stay in two rooms while I was there (I decided to extend my stay two days to do some night skiing), 110, which is a standard double on the back, and 101, a corner single with a shared entrance. The double is large, the drawback is that there is no bathtub and its very dark as your view is obscured by the roof. The single was easily big enough to be a double, and had a gigantic balcony probably twice the size of the room itself. The location is ideal as it is situated between the ski lift and the center of town, a two minute walk for either.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have more light. I read some reviews here regarding street noise but never had t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo