“You become family!”

Hotel Baita dei Pini
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Bormio
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My Favorite Hotel!!!

Having traveled and spent time in Northern Italy three summers in a row, I have stayed at numerous hotels. However, Baita dei Pini is my favorite hotel in Italy! I have stayed here for three different periods at a time so this is not just a singular experience. I have come here with friends, family, and also by myself. Each time was unique, yet the same warm welcome.

This is a family run hotel and all the staff are so friendly and courteous! Last year I traveled with my bike but it was misplaced at the airport. Nicola personally lent me one of his and took me trekking so I would not be bored!!! Amazing!!!

I felt so much like family during my stays in Bormio and I have many good memories from my stays at Baita dei Pini!

The staff is completely there to help you have a pleasant stay. If you need directions, reservations to a restaurant, etc. someone at the front desk is always available to help.

The only downside I can think of is that there is a bar across the street so the noise from the parties can become very loud on Friday and Saturday nights. I try to plan my stays from Sunday check-in to Friday checkout so the noise has been a non-issue the past two years.

The location of the hotel is excellent! It is close to shopping, market, restaurants, etc. For cycling, the location is close to Gavia, Stelvio, and Mortirolo as well as other climbs like Bormio 2000!

Room Tip: I have stayed in numerous rooms. The single rooms are literally a single room--tidy with a twin-size...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Baita dei Pini

Reviewed March 11, 2013

we always look forward to our stays in Bormio with Hotel Baita dei Pini. The family atmosphere when staying here makes us feel comfortable and relaxed. And dinners are always varied and delicious with excellent wine selections too. Each time we leave and say good bye to our friends Nicola and Federica, we look forward to our next visit with much happiness.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited Bormio for a week of skiing this February and stayed at the Baita based on a suggestion from a friend. It was absolutely the right choice. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are exceptionally clean. I had a half board plan and each meal was excellent, well prepared, often using local foods like bresaola or cheeses from Valtellina. I had the opportunity to stay in two rooms while I was there (I decided to extend my stay two days to do some night skiing), 110, which is a standard double on the back, and 101, a corner single with a shared entrance. The double is large, the drawback is that there is no bathtub and its very dark as your view is obscured by the roof. The single was easily big enough to be a double, and had a gigantic balcony probably twice the size of the room itself. The location is ideal as it is situated between the ski lift and the center of town, a two minute walk for either.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have more light. I read some reviews here regarding street noise but never had t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

By far this is the best place to stay in Bormio. It is in the perfect location between the lifts and town. The hotel is spotless, well run and serves fantastic gourmet quality meals. The rooms are updated with new flat screen televisions and most of them now have stand up showers. Room # 406 is a spacious suite with a 2 large balconies.The staff and Dei Cas family are super friendly and will do what ever it takes to make their guests happy. It has a large lobby with plenty of couches to lounge on,a nice bar area with a fireplace, hot tub, sauna and steam room.Bormio has evolved in a first rate ski mountain with all new high speed lifts, long runs, and great mountain food!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We chose Bormio for our summer wedding after many years of going there during the winter months and chose the Hotel Baita dei Pini for our reception aperitivo's and wedding meal.

We were blown away by the level of service and friendliness of the hotel staff before, during and after the day with a special mention to Federica for the beautiful attention to detail with dressing the garden, table and bar area and Chef Luca for the finest food imaginable (special mention to the fantastic pasta, meat and tiramisu wedding cake!).

We could see that they have a clear interest, talent and passion for this kind of thing and we were very happy that we chose the hotel as they made the day better than we could have hoped.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Hotel is very conveniently located and easily accessible. The trade-off from the location is the noise, as the Hotel is at one of the main-streets going though Bormio. However, this may be different in the winter, when you don't open the room windows. We stayed in the Baita dei Pini for one night in August, when the temperature in Bormio reached 30 degree Celsius. Thus, we had our room windows open during the night and were exposed to the street noise.

Other than that, the Hotel is comfortable and the staff members very friendly. The room was spotlessly clean but rather small for what you pay. We were not impressed with the breakfast buffet, which offered a large choice of pre-packed "things" and not much variety in fresh food, for example boiled or scrambled eggs. The Gym/Spa is rather dated and not very inviting, we experienced better equipment and installations in Hotels, which are less expensive than the Baita dei Pini. At the end, it is the location, which justifies the price and not so much the quality of the room, Gym or the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Caveat: no other hotels to compare in the town. Stayed here over a long weekend.

Pros: great staff, very friendly, accomodating, very clean, very good service, conveniently located and walking distance to all. Plenty of storage for bikes, skis, cars. Awesome outdoor area for afternoon wine and h'orderves. The food is good with great selection for breakfast and dinner. Not open for lunch. They have a great selection of tea!

Cons: This is why I rated 3 instead of 4: noisy! If you are in ANY of the front rooms, the noise from the street is incredibly loud. If you are a light sleeper, stay in the back (rooms -08 or higher). A HUGE annoyance is being up-charged for a single in a single room. It's not like they could have another person in the room. Terrible shower for a single. No shower curtain or other barrier and must sit in the shower to shower.

I would recommend staying here and would again, but I would:
Absolutely see the room prior to accepting. If you are on the first floor rooms 108-110 it is very quiet, but you are in a cave with small windows and no balcony/view of roof. If you are in the front (rooms 101-107 and any other rooms 201-207, 301-307, 401-407) it will be noisy on the weekends (cars, people, etc).

Room Tip: As stated above, rooms on the second floor and higher, stay in the back for better sleep quality - i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends