“Worth the trip up the long driveway!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agriturismo Collefertile

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Borgo San Lorenzo
Agriturismo Collefertile
Harrogate
“Worth the trip up the long driveway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a couple of years back as part of a walking holiday with Headwater holidays. We walked from another superb hotel (Il Trebbiola) to Collefertile and I remember coming into a clearing and seeing it on the other side of the mountain - it is beautiful! We turned up just as dinner was being served and a waitress offered us a seat inside but as we had been walking all day and it was a glorious day, we chose to eat outside. She brought us slightly chilled red wine and a huge tray full of fresh pasta in a wild boar sauce - apologising that the chef thought there were three in our party. Needless to say, we finished the lot.
The rooms are comfortable with great views and the infinity pool is simply amazing - I challenge anyone to find better views; I spent hours in there. The staff were incredibly friendly and the food is divine! They even organised for me to go horseriding and took me there free of charge.
It is very isolated and you do need a car to get around but it's a fantastic place and I would certainly recommend it. The following year we got married in Florence and we retraced our walk to this hotel, to meet my parents there for lunch. This time there was a thundestorm and we turned up soaking wet. However, in true Collefertile style, we were met with smiles and great food and my parents (who are very hard to please) loved it too! If you want a real taste of the Tuscan countryside and don't give up half way up the very long drive - then you will be met with a real treat. It's also very popular with the locals which says it all!

• Liked — Great views, friendly staff and AMAZING views
  • Disliked — A little isolated

Solo
Business
paris
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2007

I booked this agriturismo accommodation by phone and e-mail. All questions I asked then were answered properly in English. The booking seems to be handled by someone outside the accommodation, not in-house.

I asked the booking lady to send driving direction by e-mail. I received the detailed direction sometime later.

On the day of arrival, the detailed direction turned out to be confusing and useless. I phoned the accommodation direct (not the booking lady's number) in order to verify the route, but the answering accommodation lady told me to call again in two hours and just hung up! It seemed no English or French speaker was available then. At this point, we were about 20 minutes to the door of the accommodation, and were in the middle of nowhere but the countryside. I in turn phoned the booking lady. The driving instruction given on the phone was quite simple and much more useful than the previously sent detailed driving direction.

The agriturismo property is vast. From the gate of the property to the door of the accommodation takes 5 minutes by car easily. This road is very rough.

The room was proper with an unproportionally large bath room.

They have a swimming pool with a marvelous view over mountains, which I liked the most at this accommodation. The pool-side shower was out of order.

I find food at this accommodation is disappointing and not up to the Italian standard. I felt the other guests shared the same opinion, just seeing expressions on their face at dinner time.

I was looking forward to the fishing mentioned on their web site. To get there, however, it is necessary to have a 4WD vehicle and therefore to rely on a staff to drive us when he is available, not early in the morning as we wished. We gave up the idea.

Before departure, we were asked by the owner to pay in cash because the credit card machine was out of order.

I have been to Florence about 10 times on holiday and on business. I wished to stay out from the centre crowded in high season. I thought it would be a good idea to experience Italian agriturismo this time. On the map this place is not so far from Florence but I find the access rather unsuitable for getting around Florence.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family