“Loved my stay ...”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolsena
New York City, New York
“Loved my stay ...”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for a week in May and loved it! Hotel Le Naiadi was a peaceful retreat after a long day of sightseeing. Free breakfast, free parking, free WiFi, balcony overlooking gardens, lake, pools … what more can you ask for.

The owners were absolutely charming and even though language was a bit of a problem (I don't speak enough Italian and they speak little English), we managed nicely! The daughters (who do speak English) were absolutely adorable! Staff was very friendly and helpful.

I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MGabNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Spoleto, Italy
Reviewed August 13, 2013

As an American living in Italy with my husband and daughter who are both Italian, we like to take little weekend trips to get away. Lago di Bolsena is one of our favorite places to go and even prefer it over the beach. However we will not stay at this hotel again. One of the reasons we chose this was that they advertised A\C. What they don't tell you is that they turn off the under adequate A\C at 8.00 am each morning until 1.00 in the afternoon.Call me crazy but had I wanted part time A\C I could have stayed at home. A\C is what makes sleeping in the middle of the summer , in a strange bed, somewhat bearable.
When we checked in I noticed immediately that it was probably a good 80 degrees in our room. I spoke to the gentleman who owns the hotel and he explained patiently that they had just turned it back on and would need some time to cool down. I personally don't understand the whole turning off for the morning thing but okay, whatever. By 5.30 that afternoon, we had returned from a long hot day of swimming in the lake and the pool. Our room was still at best warm. Nothing cool or fresh about it, at all! I went to the front desk to speak with the wife, who had a look on her face like she was always stressed and busy. A smile now and again would have been nice. She proceeded to make me feel like I was nuts. I was the only one who ever brought this up, she couldn't understand why I was complaining and she asked me to bring her up to the room to try and understand better. I finally thought, well now she'll see! She came up to the room, looked at the thermostat, which we had on the lowest numeral setting and also on max. She told me that didn't mean anything and that I had to raise up the number and not put it on max. I personally thought this made no sense at ll, but she asked me to trust her. Ok, again, whatever. If you stand in front of the vent, you can actually feel the air flowing out, but as if a fan were in front of you and not cool air. She then told me to give it a while since she changed the settings. She then went away.Nothing changed at all, in fact it only seemed to get warmer. Thank Goodness we stayed only 2 nights because it would have been unbearable had we stayed longer. I've traveled off and on for 30 years and have never had an air conditioned room that couldn't get cool enough. Too cold? absolutely, in which case, one would turn it down or off. Too hot. Never!
No extra pillows and the ones we had were either really cheap or really thin. Not even an extra blanket to bunch up under the horrible pillows that we did have.Even the toilet paper was cheap. 3 small rolls that were gone before the day was finished and we weren't even in the room that much. I'm not obese but I'm not a skinny little thing either and we found the showers way to tiny. We could barely move to clean ourselves. If you're the tiniest bit claustrophobic, this is a problem.
Breakfast was adequate, not enough salty or savoury choices.The coffee was atrocious with an urn of hot milk next to it. My husband did ask for an espresso and had no problems with getting that.
We also brought a cooler with us so we could spend the day on the lake with cold drinks and packed lunches. I understand the Italians feelings on the subject of ice, and not having it available to guests on each floor is understandable also, but not having an ice machine in their own kitchen or bar seems strange to me. We asked for ice to fill up our cooler. I wouldn't have had a problem with paying for it even. The waitress brought out 3 small plastic bubble wraps of ice, about 15 ice cubes. I asked if they had an ice machine and she looked at me funny and said no. The frigo bar wasn't even noticed in our room until the 2nd day. No one mentioned it to us even, and there was no freezer section at all.
Also upon check in no one asked us if we would be staying at the hotel restaurant for lunch or dinner, so when we finally made inquiries about the menu , they told us that we should have made reservations and that sorry but they were full!
Parking was plentiful and free. Lake was beautiful as always. The hotel grounds and pools were amazing but the service and the rooms were definitely not up to par. Great location if you're interested in seeing Bolsena. Some really great restaurants nearby. Next time we'll stay in Capodimonte or Marta, the energy has a different feel altogether there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tinalessia
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one week in mid-July with my girlfriend. The hotel has a free parking that tend to be crowded, in the afternoons, probably because the easiest way to get to Bolsena is by car.

The first impression of the hotel was a rather spacious room, with a tiny television (we never used through the week), a simple bathroom, and a small balcony. The room was obviously not cleaned to perfection, as large pile of dust spreaded out in the room. The bed was fair enough, not soft, but what I come to expect of at three star hotels in country-side in Italy.
We never had breakfast, so the quality of that would be hard to give. But the manager and his wife and daughter went out of their way to make the guests happy, the pool-bar serves simple but tasty sandwiches, and cheap beer, 3E for a 0,72l bottle of Peroni.

During our stay, we were mostly contempt about the hotel, two minor irritations did however occur. Firstly the rather “ineffective” cleaning-staff will wake you up at 10 O’ clock in the morning, probably not a problem if you are up in the right hour, we were not however, and the lack of a “don’t disturb” sign was annoying. Second on the air-condition did not work well, and broke down one of the night, which led to high temperatures. This in combination with a mosquito hive outside on the balcony was somewhat annoying, but it did not ruin the vacation.

Bolsena is a beautiful town, and I might go back with my girlfriend, I will reconsider this hotel, but not sure if we will take it.

Room Tip: The balcony upgrade is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wivenhoe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We loved this hotel.
The location is superb on the lake side.
The room is traditionally furnished with a comfortable bed and very efficient air con. The bathroom is a good size with a large shower cabinet and a good strong hot shower. The terrace was very large and the view of the so so beautiful Lago di Bolsena fantastic. Our room was cleaned every day, floors washed etc. and we found all facilities very clean. Two swimming pools and garden areas to sit were well furnished and clean. The staff friendly and helpful.
We love Lake Bolsena and go every June. This was our first visit to Naiadi and we will certainly go again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnnWivenhoe
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This family driven Hotel, gave us a good time for relaxation. Located at the end of the beach promenade of Bolsena it offers 2 swimming pools, clean rooms, nice breakfast buffet, with friendly Service. For a jump into the Lakes clear water you just Cross the street in swimmsuit and Towel (20m). The Bar at he Front Pool offers Drinks for very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Rooms with Lake view have outstanding views, whilst rooms to the very beautifull gardens are more qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I have just returned from Lake Bolsena with a friend and we stayed at the
Naiadi. We found the staff very willing and helpful and extremely hard-
working. The room we had was adequate being as it is not somewhere
one spends a lot of time. The position is wonderful. We had a room
overlooking the lake with an enormous balcony and were very happy with
it. We were travelling with Travelsphere which meant our evening meals
were not the same as the independent guests were getting, but bearing
in mind the price we paid for the holiday we are not grumbling, and in fact
the pasta courses were excellent. The only problem with breakfast is
that they could do with changing the bread supplier and the brand of
coffee!!
Bolsena itself is a lovely, quiet location not yet "ruined" by a lot of
tourism and is ideal for visiting some super places, ie Assisi and
Orvietto among others. Would recommend learning some Italian though.
We usually try the language of the country we are visiting because it is
the polite thing to do because why should we expect everyone to speak
English? But around the Bolsena area it is essential to be able to get
by.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank SueH062
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This hotel was dreadful- talk about Fawlty Towers! A miserable owner, shabby interiors with an aroma of stale urine mixed with disinfectant and a depressing garden/pool area littered with cigarette stubs and other debris. The rooms were tiny, with cheap, basic furniture, The bedlinen and towels were grey and marked yet perfectly complimented the tatty grey pillows and covers.The plumbing in the rooms was noisy and the air conditioning did not seem to work. We stayed for an hour and a half before transferring to the Hotel Royale; much cleaner and up to standard.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family