“Frequent Customer of Villa Traiano - best hotel in Benevento, confirmed!”

Hotel Villa Traiano
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Benevento
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I frequently travel to Benevento for work and I can confirm without any doubt that Hotel Villa Traiano is the best hotel in Benevento, I have stayed in most others so I speak with some authority on the subject.

1. Villa Traiano is perfectly placed a very short walk from the pedestrian and the Arch of Trajan (http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/architecture/ss/071410-Roman-Arches_5.htm) is literally your down into the old town.
2. The hotel has a garage which is accesible from the back
3. Rooms are excellent always very very clean
4. Breakfast is compact by very fresh with some little surprised always baked up by the lovely lady that manages this meal.
5. Service is amazing, they really make you feel at home from the porter to the night guard to the barman to the breakfast lady, you will always have a genuine smile and welcome.

Looking forward to my next visit in September...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ermoalfa

Reviewed April 10, 2011

If staying in Benevento (and it has much to recommend it, including the 8th century Santa Sofia Church and a small museum behind containing Greco-Roman sculptures from the area, among other treasures) the choice should be the Hotel Villa Traino.

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful - they were always on hand to provide directions or make recommendations - and our room in the new wing of the hotel, entered from a lovely garden courtyard - was stylishly furnished, quiet, and very comfortable. Breakfast, which was included in the price of our room, was excellent with homemade cakes and fresh juice.

The hotel is centrally located, just steps from one of the best remaining Roman arches in the world. We would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PriceBeyondRubies
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This nice hotel is divided in 2: one part being renovated about 8 years ago and an other wing being absolutely new.
We stayed in the new wing and I can say that everything is fantastic: the design (very modern and functional),the furnitures,the huge LCD screen,very well appointed bathroom with Bulgari products.
Very centrally located in this very nice town. Is true that there is no restaurant in the hotel but being in the middle of the town there is no problem to find anything you want.
They recommended us a small restaurant named "Nunzia". I can say that this was the best food we had in Italy ,the price was almost ridiculously low and I recommend this place to everyone likes real home-made italian food.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wlaura
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I recently visited Benevento for the first time and what a wonderful surprise Benevento turned out to be. The historical center of town is very attractive & walkable with many charming buildings, cafes and shops. I was glad I decided to stay at Hotel Villa Traiano which is situated just a short distance from the Trajan Arch. Not only is it convenient to the historical area but it is so beautifully laid out. It is small hotel, with several pretty reception areas, all beautifully decorated with numerous flower arrangements.

Our room had wonderful views of the countryside. I would think it would make a difference based on the floor that your room is located on, so I would ask for a room with a view if that is of an importance to you. The room was relatively roomy, bright, and immaculately clean, with cheerful color tones. The bathroom was huge. A lovely breakfast was provided in the courtyard consisting of a selection of pastries, fruits and meats. Overall just a wonderfully well run hotel.

Hope others find this little gem of a town & hotel. I really found Benevento to be a relaxing reprieve from some of the larger cities I had visited. It is very family friendly with lots of people out for the evening walk. The surrounding countryside is beautiful with hills and vineyards. The town appears not to get many tourists so you really get a chance to be with the locals. Although some of the hotel personnel and restaurants speak English you will find that most locals do not. It is a lovely city that is not given much attention in the tourist guides.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank TRIPBOUND10
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed twice at Hotel Villa Traiano during our trip (one night each stay, separated by a week) and were overall very pleased with the accommodations, location, and staff. The largest pluses are location (50 meters from the Arch of Trajan and another 50 meters from the Via Garibaldi) and the elegance of the property. Breakfast was good, the staff courteous and helpful. Good value all around

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timaeus
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We were looking for someplace to stop for the night after flying into Rome en route to Matera in Basilicata. Benevento looked like a good choice even though one of the guidebooks I read said that it was the "least hospitable city in Italy." I had no idea what the writer meant. The drive to Benevento took much longer than I anticipated (I should have taken the freeway, and not the more direct solid red road). When we arrived there was a lot of 6:00 PM traffic, and no signs indicating where the center of town was or where any of the hotels were located. The town was much larger than I had anticipated so we drove around a bit asking people where the Villa Traiano was located. We finally found the center of town (the hotel is 100 meters from the "famous" Arch of Trajan). The hotel proved to be a very pleasant suprise. Our room was large, and the bathroom even larger with an oversized Jacuzzi bath tub. I would characterize the rooms and the common areas as upscale. Everything seemed new or recently refurbished. We had a large firm bed, and it was very quiet at night. Breakfast was more than adequate.

We had dinner at Nunzia near the center of town (which I should add had a pleasant walking/shopping street). Nunzia is the kind of place where the owner comes over to your table and tells you what is available for the evening, and selects the coursesand wine for you. She, the owner, was a piece of work, and reminded my Italian/American wife of all the strong Italian women in her family.

So Bevevento is not a town for people who are reluctant to ask the cops or shop owners for directions (it is not user friendly, and it is easy to get lost). But it is a pleasant place to stop over en route to other places. And, I would characterize the Hotel Villa Traiano as first class.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Vesenaz
Reviewed October 18, 2007

We stayed for three nights and loved the location. It was a great location, perfect for walking to the centre.
It's nice and clean and the staff really helpful.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Wolffar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benevento
Hotel Antiche Terme
#1 of 1 in Melizzano
Tenuta Torre Gaia
Tenuta Torre Gaia
#1 of 1 in Dugenta

Been to Hotel Villa Traiano? Share your experiences!