“Great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Bardonecchia
Dublin, Ireland
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Cute little hotel. The room was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Food was good and I had a really good time there. If I go back to Bardonecchia one day, I'll definitely choose Hotel I Larici again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Nerea81_Dublin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just got back from a fantastic week in Bardonecchia.

The hotel is quite modest, some would say slightly dated. So when you first arrive, you smile at the mismatch of colours, but as you stay there, you realise that actually, it's really homely. The staff are lovely and could not do enough for us. They even got us ice cream in for pudding, they day after we asked if they had any. Thanks to Michaela, Stella and Luca. Michaela stood out as someone who clearly knows how to be a waiter and would show up waiter service in England. The rooms are quite basic but clean.

There is a sauna and jacuzzi in the basement, you can book these out for10 euros each for 30 minutes, so we met some people who we shared this with, so we had the sauna for the first 30 mins and the jacuzzi for the 2nd 30 and as there were 4 of us, it only cost 5 euros each for the hour.

The best part of the hotel was the food. On our first night, we were told this was a special night and we were told we were being presented with 10 different pastas, 2 per plate, we had to stop the pasta coming after 3 plates as were just so full. And then on Friday evening, it was pizza evening, where they just kept bringing out dfifferent pizzas to try. The food was lovely, I only tried one thing I didn't like the whole week, and dinner was always plentiful and served with a smile.

The hotel is a little walk from the bus stop, going downhill on the way out, which takes you straight to Campo Smith. If you want to go to Jafferau instead, you just go down and across the road and around the corner a little, so not far.

Coming back is uphill though, so best stay at El Cipos for some apres ski to help get you back up the hill. Last ski bus is 5.30pm, I believe.

We met some amazing people in Bardonecchia. Thanks to our Neilson Reps, James and Sarah who were fantastic fun and to Maddie, Ian and the Essex Boys, Ryan, Craig and Pete for making it a fantastic week. I now have a sore throat and husky voice from all the singing on Friday in El Cipo.

Thanks,
Pat

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Iloveholidays041
somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Having just returned from my ski holiday and decided to stay at the I Larici after our last stay, it was so different I thought the manager/owner had moved on. He had not but his staffing level had been reduced, this has a knock on effect as below.

We have just spent a week here and dissapointed is not the word. They seem to rely on only two members of staff to do all. In the morning Stella puts out the breakfast, serves teas, coffee etc. then she also cleans all the rooms and keeps smiling. The hotel needs quite a bit of TLC as lots of things, furnishings and bathroom areas aqre looking really tired.

Afternoon and evening events are looked after by Micheala, he is a find and a half, but how can he be expected to prepare the antipasti, take our orders for second course, main course then desert, which he serves, clears away each course and finishes off deserts for presentation. He also takes drinks orders through the evening. He does keep smiling through, though how is beyond me. The downside was that the hotel was full, dinner started at 7.30 and if you were lucky you managed to leave the restaurant by 10 This does not leave a lot of time to join in other activities, unless you forgo your dinner. The food was not of the same standard as our last visit which was a bit of a let down. It was not bad, but not as good as last time.

Room Tip: High floors have less noise through people traffic
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank rosieSomerset
somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

Booked late through Iglu for ski holiday and we booked our stay after looking at reviews, although not all were perfect, it far exceeded our expectations. The two young ladies who seem to do almost everything, especially Simmone, who does breakfast and cleans rooms then Veronica, hope this is right name, who does the evening meals and waits on the bar all evening went out of their way to make all great. The chef was most helpfull as well, my sister does not eat pasta or pitza (I know Italy was the perfect place for her!!) he rustled up some other goodies. Food plentifull and good. Manager was a very nice although we did not see much of him, he was most helpfull when we needed assistance. All in all a great location for the bus to the slopes, 200 yards down road to bus stop and just a bit further for the town itself. Thanks to everyone for a great stay

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank rosieSomerset
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2005

visited this hotel in march 2005 super little hotel which is clean and away from the main road so is not to noisy. Food was good although some nights it was pot luck what you were going to have as the hosts spoke very little english. The only downside was it is about a 15 minute walk to the slopes although there was a bus that left every 30mins from the next street. Close to the town centre, were there are about 4 bars dont expect it to be bouncing every night though a very quite resort.

• Stayed March 2005