Despite the fact that it is fairly basic accommodation, I really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in the annex across the road from the main building and had a decent sized apartment with a grass terrace (including sun loungers) and patio where we could relax when we had breakfast or lunch. The terrace also had a patio umbrella and awning to protect you from the sun. There is also sufficient privacy from neighbours.
The residence is in a good area because it is away from the main centre but close to the supermarket and beach. There is a lovely walk by the lake to the town centre or you can take the short cut through the main residence and up a slight hill right to the heart of town. It is also close to the local bus stops if you want to go to Verona etc. I didn't find it noisy, although there were very occasionally some strange sounds from the winery. We found this more amusing than annoying because it went off just as we were walking past at night and made us jump. There was also a parrot or cockatoo living at a house next door that woke me up one morning. So soft earplugs are recommended if you want a lie in. However, in the annex I didn't hear any of the traffic that people have complained about in other reviews. It's a little away from the road (but only a short walk). Feels a bit like having your own house.
We were surprised to find that there was no kettle, although other equipment was provided. We used a small saucepan to boil water. Tea towels were provided and the toilet thankfully had one roll of toilet paper. There were no towels and as we arrived late in the evening, we could not rent any. I just used a beach towel and ended up using this the whole stay as we forgot to ask for some. The double bed was made up with sheets, but as we were not a couple and wanted twin beds I ended up sleeping on a blanket on the sofa bed downstairs and using the cotton bed cover as a sheet on the first night. The next day we requested sheets and these were left in our apartment. We didn't request air con but you don't really need it in the annex. The rooms were a comfortable temperature at night and reasonably cool relative to outside, in the day.
We were surrounded by Italian families who had rented the adjacent apartments. They had some very cute dogs who kept wandering over to see if we had any good food. They were very good at calling them back and they were very friendly.
As mentioned in other reviews Vanessa is very warm, friendly and extremely helpful and accommodating. So much so that my friend didn't want to upset her by telling her that our shower water went down too slowly. If we had mentioned it I am sure she would have arranged to unblock it. As it was we just worked around it. She helped us a great deal with our journey plans and with information about the area.
Our stay here was very relaxed and very happy. I would definitely consider staying here again if returning to the area. Bardolino itself is fabulous. A very pretty town and one of the nicest in the lake garda area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- deally situated Beatrix Residence offers holidays that are both relaxing and full of opportunities for recreation and entertainment. It is just 100 meters from the lake and a short walk from the centre of Bardolino, a characteristic lakeside town with a wealth of shops, restaurants, inns and bars. Residence Beatrix offers its customers an outdoor swimmingpool together with a solarium garden, parking. 24 apartments for 2/4 and 4/6 persons, with dining/living room with kitchenette corner and sofà, bathroom with shower, bedroom(s), safe-deposit box, satellite TV and either balcony or terrace. Air condition is available only on request. Automatic washing machine is available. Comfort and convenience for all in the heart of Bardolino, one of the most fascinating towns of the lake, teeming in tradition and fun. Bardolino is situated on Lake Garda at the widest point half-way along the Verona side. Its mild climate allowsof the growth of typical Mediterranean plants: olives, cypresses, oleanders, laurels, and vineyards prosper on the hills which surround the centre, which stretches towards the lake with two characteristic projections, formed over the centuries by the two rivers. In recent decades tourism has developed to support the traditional farming economy. The realm of water sports, here the guest can also go on mountain bike treks, or go cycling, play golf or tennis, go horse riding, because the surrounding hills with their mild climate create the perfect landscape for panoramic outings throughout the year.Bardolino also has a wide range of meeting places with restaurants, coffee shops, ice cream parlours, piano bars, discotheques… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Beatrix Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beatrix Apartments Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy
- Beatrix Apartments Hotel Bardolino
- Apartments Bardolino