“Loved the Du Lac”

Hotel du Lac et Bellevue
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Bardolino
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time in our suite with lake view. Hotel well furnished and excellent amenities. Staff all helpful and friendly. Well located in that it is close enough to the town to walk to the centre but far enough away to be quiet. Food really tasty with good choice at breakfast and dinner.

Stayed: April 2014
8  Thank TortgirlScotland

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Bellevue this summer on the recomendation of friends and what a fabulous holiday it turn out to be. from start to finish the crystal reps could not do enough for us, the hotel is excellent as are the staff, they make you feel very special we will most definitely be going back.

Room Tip: book early to get a lake view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank brian g
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Bellevue for 18 nights with my parents in September of this year, celebrating their Golden Wedding Anniversary whilst we were there. this was our fourth visit to the hotel, and standards were as high as always, with a comfortable room, good food and very courteous service from everyone from the maid to the manager. We were most impressed, though, with the extra effort the staff made to ensure that my parents had the most special day they could have imagined on their anniversary itself. Prosecco at breakfast on the lawn, complimentary strawberries and fizz in their room in the afternoon and a stunningly beautiful meal in the restaurant at night, with candelabra, crystal and cake. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough, especially in terms of the staff. Thank you all so much!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor of the Bellevue - the views are stunning!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthiebglasgow
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our first visit to the Italian Lakes and the Hotel Du-Lac,all i can say is, it was wonderful,the staff were so friendly and helpful,nothing was too much trouble for them.It was so clean and the food was lovely.The Hotel was in a prime location, 10 mins walk into Bardolino.We will certainly be coming back,hopefully next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Theresa694
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I last reviewed this hotel in 2008, and believe I have visited each year bar one since then. I remain as mystified as I was then why this is only (as I write) the 9th most popular place in Bardolino, since I have stayed at many of the others too. My husband sometimes works in the area and we were not always able to get in here; hence why I have stayed at Catullo, Kriss, Nettuno, Color, Gritti, San Pietro and most recently, Caesius.

Bellevue would always be my first choice. Du Lac also has some good rooms, and is almost next door to the newer Bellevue, but I prefer the latter, and that's where this review is about, and not Du Lac, although they share the same dining rooms for evening meals. Both are operated by Europlan. I try to book a long time in advance and make my room request, so that I have a lake view, balcony and sofa bed. For anyone booking through Thomsons/Crystal, it is worthwhile paying a little extra for the lake view and the rooms that sleep 2-3 because they are slightly larger, but really, all except the ground floor rooms have balconies that face the lake. The ground floor rooms (Bellevue) do have a nice little perk of having a balcony which opens up to the pleasant garden area and their own sun loungers just outside.

The rooms are bright and clean and the beds are firm but comfortable. They have now dispensed with a total cover on the beds (which matched the curtains) in favour of all-white bedding with just a strip of the aforementioned fabric across the foot of the bed. I especially like, that as relatively early risers, we would go to breakfast between 8.00-8.30 am, put the card on the door indicating that our room was ready to be serviced, and it was done by the time we returned from breakfast, Great. How irritating is it, in some hotels, to go out for the day, return mid afternoon, only to find the rooms still haven't been done?

The food is very good and is plentiful with good choices. Think more 'good family-type' cooking rather than fine dining. We stayed at Europlan's flagship hotel, Caesius last December and again in March (review done) and staying at Bellevue again confirmed what I thought then, I would never stay at Caesius if Bellevue was open! Which it no longer is in the winter months. Shame. At Caesius they obviously had a much larger amount to spend on food per guest, but that apart, the location of Bellevue (and Du Lac) beats it hands down. The dining room is comfortable (there are actually 3 in operation when it is busy but I have always been in the main dining room) and many of the wait staff have been there for years, especially Vito, the Restaurant Manager. Many of the patrons return year after year too. I suspect many of them do not post on Trip Advisor ;-).

Both Bellevue and Du Lac are next to the lake - not across the busy road as in, say Color - and it is a delightful 10 minute stroll into the centre of the resort, alongside the lake. Bellevue has its own underground car park, with a lift, which we used.

TV and internet were a nightmare at Caesius so I am happy to report that both worked fine at Bellevue. We had free wi-fi access and were given a code which was valid for one week. If you have more than one device, you will need a separate code for each one.

I have never used the smallish indoor/outdoor pool, but have friends who use it a lot on each visit. That's the thing about this hotel, I have recommended it to a few friends over the years, and they all keep going back. It's a very good hotel in a beautiful resort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank twasbrillig4
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful11 night stay at the Bellvue Hotel in Bardolino, this was our first time at the Italian Lakes and we will certainly go back,the staff were very efficient,friendly but not intrusive,the hotel was spotlessley clean and the food was exceptional,lovely breakfasts,which were served at the Bellvue,very cosy dining room,or outside on the terrace,evening meals at the Du Lac next door,five course meals every evening,wonderfu,definately an upmarket hotel.Our views from the balcony were beautiful,lovely of an evening to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by.The hotel group also own a sailing ship and they offer a free 3hour trip around the Lake, which was very good,the skipper kept us informed on all the interesting places as we passed,they also offer a free hiking trip,for those fit and healthy people.Our Crystal reps were great,they also offer a free walking trip,on a Sunday, around Bardolino,just to give us the lay of the land,loads of tasty bits en route,pizza,ice cream,liquer etc,well worth going,nice bunch of girls.All in all an excellent holiday,would recommend this Hotel to any one.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Bellvue all have Lake Views and is very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mritchie1
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned from our second visit to your Bellevue Hotel and again we had a wonderful time with you. Yes the sun shone most days and the weather was really good. However, the friendliness of the staff, the excellent facilities in our sea facing room and the hotel facilities, the food and wine was especially Italian and very special - even though our weight has suffered as a result! Probably time now for a refresh of the hotel rooms in terms of décor, but everything worked as it should.
As a location it is a dream in terms of access to other parts of the lake by walking or by boat across the water. Moreover, the excellent shops and evening culture were much appreciated.
Thank you again. We will most certainly be back so please keep up the good work. Solihull

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple