We stayed here for a week in August. We are a family with children aged 10 and 14, so I emailed the hotel to ask about family rooms or interconnecting rooms. Riccardo, one of the brothers, emailed back with photographs of a lovely 2 bedroom apartment just across the road from the hotel. We booked it and we were delighted with our accommodation. It was very modern and clean with a furnished balcony overlooking the lake. We had maid service everyday so it was nice to have our beds made and fresh towels.The shower was new and good quality. The apartment did not have a kitchen but that didn't bother us at all because we chose to have the delicious breakfast in the very pretty main hotel. At lunch time if we were about we went to the nearby lidl and bought fresh bread rolls, cheese, etc. All very reasonably priced. And in the evening we usually went to the local restaurant, Le Palafitte, for great pizzas. The hotel is located about a 10-15 minute walk from the picturesque resort of Bardolino. The path is wide and even and just at the waters edge. We spent a couple of days sunbathing on the shore and having a dip in the lake. I wished I had taken some of those water plimsoles so you don't feel the pebbles. We just wore crocs. The hotel has two pools, both small but immaculate with good tiles around the edge. There is a jacuzzi which is warmer than the pools but not hot. We always managed to find sun beds and a parasol. Other guests here were polite and quiet. The staff and brothers were always around to help with any requests. They were polite, professional, calm and happy. Nothing was too much trouble for them and their English was excellent. The owners have thought about every detail in the hotel, everything worked properly, was kept clean and was restocked. We would love to return to this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Gardenia is tranquilly positioned near the centre of Bardolino and just 80 m from the lake shore. A friendly atmosphere, completed with every comfort – combining an attractive italian design with the warmest hospitality, for a relaxing holiday on Lake Garda. The 2 new swimming pools (1 with salted water) with deck chairs and sun umbrellas, heated whirlpool and private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Gardenia & Villa Charme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Gardenia And Villa Charme
- Hotel Gardenia Charme
- Hotel Gardenia & Villa Charme Bardolino, Lake Garda, Italy