“Super hotel, easily the best in Bardolino”
Review of Color Hotel

and 1 more site!
Color Hotel
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Bardolino
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked the Colour Hotel on the recommendation of a friend who had just returned from Lake Garda. He hadn't stayed at the hotel, but related gossip about this hotel that stood head and shoulders above the rest. Naturally, I was slightly sceptical, but my wife and I decided to make a reservation. We were not disappointed. I have travelled to many countries and stayed in lots of hotels. The Color Hotel is easily the best in class and in many respects oozes the qualities which one would associate with a 5 star hotel. I have no negative comments to report,. The service, cleanliness, professionalism of staff and food are all first class. This aspect coupled with the charm and ambience makes this hotel a must stay for the discerning traveller.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BenCon55

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed in Color hotel for a 4 night break to end our holidays in lake Garda.
We were made to feel so welcome as soon as we stepped in the door. From the room to the
finer little details, a first class break in a first class hotel. Already planning to go back.
Rooms spotlessly clean and serviced daily, staff friendly throughout the hotel, breakfast excellent.
A special mention to Laura on reception who made everything so easy! A gem of a hotel in beautiful Bardalino.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fionnes
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I would like to thank all of you who wrote reviews recommending the Color Hotel in Bardolino Italy on Lake Garda. My wife and I stayed there from September 10 to September 16 2012. I booked this hotel based on your rave reviews and all I can say is that you were absolutely correct. I have traveled Italy from North to South and East to West. I have stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels but none that can compare with this one. When I made the reservations I told them we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary never expecting any form of recognition from the hotel for a couple of senior citizens. What a surprise when we entered our room. Anniversary balloons were all around the room and a huge heart made from real rose petals covered our bed. The numbers 5 and 0 were written in rose petals on our pillow. A chilled bottle of wine and assorted other gifts were included in our Junior Mosaic Suite. I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone we encountered went out of their way to make us feel at home - a far cry from other Italian Hotels where the staff makes you feel like you should be honored to be in their presence. Special thanks to the front desk and dining room personnel for the way they addressed all our needs. If you are a clean freak like me you will be happy to know that this hotel is squeaky clean. The restaurant is outstanding and the buffet breakfast, which is included, is the most sumptuous I have ever encountered in Europe. I hope this review helps keep the Color Hotel as number one in Bardolino.

5  Thank carld
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked the Color on the back of it's Trip Advisor rating and were not disappointed. As stated on other reviews the only fault the hotel has is it's position on a main road and lack of lake views - however it's ambience and excellent staff more than make up for this. My wife is a coeliac and the maitre'd went out of his way to cater for her. We went to 2 special nights in the restaurant and both were excellent with special care taken to cater for Sue's needs - the wine tasting cellar night was fabulous. Although we didn't go on holiday to watch T.V. it would have been nice to have some English channels on offer in the room.
Bardolino is a lovely resort and the Color hotel is one we intend to visit again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed September 30, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we were impressed with the warm welcome. The hotel is very stylish and comfortable and the pool areas are beautiful with lots of places to chill or sunbathe.
The reception staff are so helpful and friendly. The extras like free wi-fi, bikes etc are so thoughtful and the free car parking make everything hassle free. The staff in the dining room are so efficient yet personable and the delicious breakfast sets you up for another relaxing day. This hotel is special not just because it is so beautiful but because the staff have the right can-do attitude to make eveyones holiday just perfect.We will definitely come back and will recommend this hotel to any of our friends coming to Lake Garda. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Select rooms looking into the pool area as rooms at the front face the main road and a petrol statio...
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for a week in July with my husband and son. We had a family room and was a little disappointed with the size of the room, also didn't have much of a view. Overall though the hotel is just lovely, very stylish, immaculately clean, friendly, multi-lingual staff and as everyone else has said the pools are beautiful. You do get "invited" to "special" events most mornings whilst you're having your breakfast, we did an evening on the roof-top terrace and a meal in the restaurant, both really nice. I'd have liked the opportunity of using the roof-top terrace more (it was open just once in the week we were there) The hotel is situated just a short walk from the town and Bardolino is a good base to see other places, Verona, Venice, Milan, Dolomites. I'm talking myself into another trip ........

Room Tip: A room over looking the room would be nice I guess
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AnnabellaSwindon
Reviewed September 27, 2012

From the moment we got to this hotel it was clearly obvious why it is the no. 1 hotel in bardolino. The public areas are so stylish and comfortable and the outdoor bar areas are great. But the real draw is the amazing sun garden pool area - there are three/four pool areas in this hotel, all lovely, but the garden pool is just fab! it was the highlight of my holiday!
the staff were extremely helpful at all times and the room was large and comfortable. Definitely one of the nicest modern hotels I've stayed in!

1  Thank greengal33