All reviewsgourmet restauranton arrivalprivilege roomfree tealake gardahalf boardpool arearefurbished roomevery afternoonlarge bottle of waterplenty of sunbedsbuffet stylereception stafflarge hotelplenty of choicelarge poolpiano bar
Reviewed July 10, 2018

the main restaurant very poor. No one to greet us to tell us what to do., We arrived at hotel after 7 30 to be told restaurant closes at 8.30. A quest told us what to do and we would lucky if we managed to get food other than salad, how right she was. Staff not friendly restaurant manager even worse. My advise dont book half board. not a relaxed evening meal could be had, they just could not wait for quest to leave the room. the rest of the hotel and staff wonderful.

Room Tip: book bed breakfast not half board
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marjc00per
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is right beside Lake Garda and within easy walking distance of Bardolino town centre. Our room was exceptionally spacious, comfortable and clean. Meals are buffet style with plenty of choices on offer each day. The pool area is nice with a bar/restaurant which offers a lunch menu. It is also a pleasant area to sit in the evenings - there was entertainment on some nights. Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandielight
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Living in Scotland I consider myself an expert on little flies that bite and other types of midge. So, after EVENTUALLY, arriving in our room, finding one of the balcony doors open and the other unable to close, it wasn't surprising that the room had lots of beasties in it. Especially when the balcony was SURROUNDED BY TREES, AND I MEAN SURROUNDED ( you were able to touch the branches!!!).
Now , this was a room originally booked through BOOKING.COM and upgraded TWICE with the hotel,costing an extra, approximately £300, for a 8 night stay.
I say "EVENTUALLY" because the key I was given wouldn't let me in, so, at 2300 I was walking back to the check in to get the master key, get the door open, take the master key back, and then at 2345 had a knock at the door with someone saying he was here to fix the lock??????
NOT A GOOD START TO ONES HOLIDAY.
However, having seen the so-called balcony which we paid extra for, I said to the night check in person that the room was just not acceptable. " see the girls at the desk in the morning" was the reply.
DID I GET SATISFACTION....NO CHANCE....I "seemingly" had upgraded to a WOMENS WELL BEING ROOM????" What! at no time in any correspondence had that phrase been mentioned. Oh yes, they offered me ANOTHER UPGADE which would cost me AN EXTRA £100 for the remaining 7 nights!
So, after a wee think with my wife, we decided to" bite" the bullet and stay in the original room. WE JUST DIDNT USE THE BALCONY BECAUSE OF THE FLIES AND ANTS.
( IF I HAD WANTED TO LIVE IN A TREE HOUSE I WOULD HAVE BOOKED ONE)
I always think that initial perception of a holiday hotel is usually correct, so, after a very rocky start to our holiday, things could only get better.
Well, not really. As we suspected the room had the continual few flies in it and by the second morning my wife must have had at least 20 bite marks on her legs.
It was as if NOBODY cared about rectifying our situation unless GIVING THEM MORE MONEY was the solution!!
Apart from that, the room was "bijoux" , and the bathroom good, with an excellent range of toiletries .
As we were only B/B, the breakfast would be considered to be OK. A fair variety of breads and cold meats , but tinned peaches and pineapples spoiled it. ( I presumed it was tinned as it was all covered in syrup ).
BAR PRICES....compared to downtown Bardolino the prices were good with a APEROL SPRITZ only 4 euros.
The pool was large but needed to be, because of the 250 rooms ( i believe ) in the hotel.
Overall the hotel was not 3 STAR. Whoever gave it 4 stars must have perceived lots of things which i didn't !
However, the actual position of the hotel, in the middle of trees, has certain benefits. Its just that I can't think of any at the moment.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Eddie W
Reviewed June 23, 2018

Hotel amenities, rooms and location are excellent.
It was our second visit to this Hotel having been there last year when its was very good in all aspects
Still worth its 4 star rating although would say that last year there seemed to be more
staff in the restaurant and therefore a more friendly atmosphere.
This year things such as plates for hot food often not pre-warmed, food replenishment slow and staff generally struggling to cope let the Hotel down this time, shame.

Room Tip: Most rooms have reasonable outlooks
Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank janetVie
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Bardolino itself is beautiful, this hotel is a 5 minute walk to it along the boardwalk and it’s perfect for access to Verona, Venice and the Dolomites. The hotel is good for a week stay but there are big down sides, including noisy events.
Reception staff were welcoming and friendly. The room (102 has a lovely view of the gardens and nicer than the other side of the hotel) was ready on arrival and very clean. New sheets and towels every day and the cleaners pay great attention to the rooms. A bottle of wine on arrival and daily water bottle was a nice touch.
The hotel areas and pool were clean. Plenty of sunbeds and you can’t hog them with towels which is great. Pool bar and grill was good for drinks and food. There are two restaurants both offering the same food. I would recommend the smaller one for breakfast as it’s less manic than the bigger one. Dinner is only served until 8:30pm which is too early, especially as they don’t restock the food much after 7:45. Food was a little repetitive but roasted meats were always good. Get your pudding first otherwise you won’t get any - they won’t restock or Saga guests will take it all! We got bread, cheese and meats from a Spar 4 minutes from the hotel. Perfect for lunch on the balcony. There is little entertainment in the evening which is a shame as it doesn’t give the hotel any atmosphere. Most people go in to Bardolino in the evening, which is picture perfect and around a 5 minute walk along the boardwalks.
The biggest criticism I have about this place is the events they host renting their function room out. Our first night sleep was interrupted at 2am by a Moldovan Baptism party and their band, playing until 5am and only stopping because the police turned up! The night manager was lovely but couldn’t do anything and management didn’t really want to know the next morning. Check this before you stay as the night manager told us it’s a twice monthly and will disturb your stay! Unfortunately our rep wasn’t interested either but we’ve reported it since we got home. I’d recommend the place, location and hotel if they can iron out their staff (clearly new staff for the new season) and noisy events.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family