“Ambiance and fine dining-once you find the place!”
Review of Ristorante Benacus

Ristorante Benacus
Ranked #42 of 139 Restaurants in Bardolino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Alsager
“Ambiance and fine dining-once you find the place!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Best bits-food is beautifully presented, well cooked and al fresco dining was magical. Staff polite, attentive and smiled. As non residents of the hotel (Hotel Caesius Thermae SPA Via Peschiera 3 | Lago di Garda Verona, 37011 Bardolino, Italy) we were greeted by the charismatic restaurant manager and shown around the hotel. He was interested in how we had found hotel and that we were staying at the rival Color hotel up the road. We were first given a complimentary prosecco before ordering our food.
The food was interesting - my Tuna starter was deep fried which was unexpected and although tasted good was a little disappointing. My wife had calamari which was not deep fried - I thought we had the wrong starters at first. Hers was perfect. Main courses of veal and beef fillet were cooked to perfection (my fillet was rare, tasty with a tiny bit of gristle). We shared a great bottle of reasonably priced (€21) red wine and creme brûlée with pistachio - amazing taste. Coffee was served with some chocolates served on a large rock!
Compared to food at Color Hotel it wasn't quite as good however the ambiance was better, the staff as good, the wine cheaper and overall cost cheaper at €113 for a couple. My wife rates this a 5 and I rate it a 4 based on our individual meals. Go see for yourselves but you won't see a sign for the restaurant so contact hotel and make a reservation.