“Best steak ever!!!!”
Review of Osteria al Capitel

Osteria al Capitel
Ranked #41 of 138 Restaurants in Bardolino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian cooking located at the crossroad at Via Don, between Hotel Al Sole and Hotel Nettuno
“Best steak ever!!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to Al Capitel based on the previous TA reviews and are so pleased we decided to go! We had a warm welcome and offered to sit inside or out - we opted for inside as a storm was brewing....we were seen through to a small room with no more than 4 tables in there which was intimate but lovely. The waiter was extremely helpful and talked us through the menu, we had a complimentary glass of prosecco and some crouton type nibbles whilst we perused the menu.

I ordered the steak with green peppercorn sauce and my boyfriend had fish from the lake and we shared some vegetables and a bottle of Bardolino red......my boyfriends fish was very good but my steak was out of this world! In fact i'm scared to eat another steak for fear of the memory of this one being clouded!!!!! I asked for it medium and it came out medium rare but it was right to be cooked to that extent - if I was unhappy with it I would have returned it, but I think they knew better!! We shared a chocolate and pear homemade cake for desert which was also delicious and our bill came to 50 euros - we have paid triple that in London for a horrible experience so this was just spot on!!! We will return without fail if/when we visit to Bardolino again!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gemmabib

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Totally worth the search”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went looking for this restaurant and could not find it until we came back by car from Monte Baldo and passes it entering Bardolino. It is easily missed but totally worth the effort. Prking next door, lovely outdoor seating are and excellent staff.

The food was great too, we had sardines in saor (got th recipe from our very friendly waiter) and a t-bone steak and local fish. All excellent and at very good value. Would have loved to have visited again but it was our last night!

• Visited August 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by the exterior, it's wonderful inside”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best meal of our two weeks in Bardolino, the restaurant hides an internal courtyard. When we went, it was filled with Italians (always a good sign!) The waiter is extremely friendly and wonderfully natured, the food is amazing. my husband had the steak, i had steak strips eith tocket and parmesan. unlike many if the restsurants in bardolino itself, there were only a few options for each course- i much prefer such restaurants as it increases the chances of everything being cooked freshly, which it was and to perfection!
oh, the stuffed pasta with mushroom and truffles was also swooningly good.

if you're staying at Germano, it is liertalky a 5 minutes walk from your door- you'd be mad not to go. The only downside is the awful squatty toilet thing that seems to be abundant in Italy- I don't understand them at all!

• Visited July 2013
“Great food in an unseemly place!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and me visited Al Capitel for our wedding anniversary based on the previous Trip Advisor reviews. And I must say we were not disappointed.

El Capitel is a small place right next to the road, and with a small outdoors eating area in the back.

The food was excellent, especially the beef in pepper sauce which we both had. And the price was reasonable.

The only snafu was that my starter was served with the others' main course. Which meant I had to eat the main course alone. It's not a big issue though, and I highly recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sean S
Cork, Ireland
“Very Nice”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Liked this a lot. In contrast to the restaurants in the town itself the service here was much more relaxed. In the town you feel that they are trying to turn the table over (and they are).

Nice pasta, nice fish, good Cockerel. We had the house red which was very light and refreshing just as described by the maitre d'

Visited July 2013