“Great food, Great entertainment” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taverna da Memo

Taverna da Memo
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Bardolino
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Great food, Great entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We managed to get an outside table on a very busy Friday evening. Food was superb. Having read recent reviews we were anticipating poor service but this was not the case. Towards the end of our meal a group of mucisians arrived and for the next two hours the singing and music was excellent. Not sure if this happens every night - an outstanding evening

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank k9todd

• Hebrew first
Milton Keynes
“Definitely worth a visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

A very popular restaurant with German visitors. Always busy. Loved the spaghetti with mussels. House wine eminently drinkable. Efficient service and well priced dishes.

Visited August 2012
Braunston, United Kingdom
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We've been living near Bardolino for 4 months and have been to Da Memo 3 times, the latest being last night.

On the first occasion, about 6 weeks ago, we were really happy to have found a nice little restaurant with pretty decent food, and good service. The head waiter was very friendly and when he realised we could speak some Italian, was happy to indulge us rather than always speaking in English.

The second time was just for lunch, and again the food was good. Service was average and quite slow, but for lunch we were not particularly bothered.

Last night we went for dinner, it was busy but we were able to get a table inside. The same head waiter as before was very offhand, it seemed like he was on another planet, and he insisted on speaking English, despite the fact that our Italian is now quite a bit better than his English (which led to some confusion when ordering drinks). He also seemed to be distracted by anything in a skirt, actually leering at young women as they walked past, and at one point when he noticed there were a few ladies standing waiting for the toilet, he actually left the dining room to go and have a chat with them! To make it worse he was probably old enough to be their father!

However, the food was again very nice (bruschetta starter was soggy though, but spaghetti alla vongole and ai frutti di mare were very good). But we didn't get any bread, had to ask more than once for water, and every dish that came out was brought to us first (we were closest to the door), as the waiters had no clue who had ordered what. It just seemed there was a complete lack of organisation.

When we came to pay we told them that the service had not been very good. The response? Sarcasm and defensiveness.

I'm sure they probably thought we were just another touristy couple, but unfortunately they have lost what would have been regular customers.

The food is good though, better than a lot of the restaurants in Bardolino that serve up rubbish to tourists, so if you're not too bothered about service and want a decent meal, then by all means give it a try!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not normal Bardolino standard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed for holiday in Bardolino at least for the last 17 years, but we have never tried Taverna de Memo. After our experience, it's not likely that we will do it again. It was pretty easy to get a table, even though we were 4 people. We only ordered 2 starters and told the waiter, that the second meal should be served all together and not with the starters.My son had Bruschetta as starter and the bread was very dry. I had skt. jaques mussels and they were not the best I have had, but OK. Even though we have stated, that we wanted the second meal together and not with the starters, my wife had her calzone with our starters. The calzone was very good and my daughter had some of it too, while she was waiting for her own. After the starters my daughter had her fritto misto - very good and my son had his gamberoni alle griglia, but like the bruschetta, not the best he have had. I had some fries I have ordered together with my fish - but no fish ! After having waited for my fish for quiet a while - the family have finished eating - we succeeded in getting the waiters attention and I asked for my fish. After a couple of minutes, he returned and told me that in 5 minutes time it would be ready equal to that it was forgotten from start. I must admit, that I had the fish within the 5 minutes. But not a single "I'm sorry" from the waiter and the fact that I was eating alone, made the great taste of the fish meaningless. Normally we give appx. 10% tips, but we didn't gave a single cent here. We will never come back, but choose some of the other good restaurants in Bardolino.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Asger F
Manchester, England
“Great food and atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Food was excellent and the atmosphere was fantastic. Staff made the night for us.xx We had Octopus carpachio and the best squid ever. Followed by Fillet steak which melted in your mouth. The choice of wine was good too, just local Bardolino wines which were exceptional!!

Visited July 2012